so I dont know whether to get a 7 string or maybe a new 6 string with a floyd rose.
I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio and a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier and i now fancy a guitar with a trem.
so....
7 string or 6 string????
and any suggestions, i looked at some of the schecter 7's and im thinking maybe one of the randy rhoads models in the 6 string department
Origanally Posted by freedoms_stain
Live webcam shows.
The bigger and blacker the dildo, the more cash.

Originally Posted by neopowell
Holy Christ I haven't laughed that hard since I bummed that clown. Well done!
Last edited by jolleymuse at Oct 5, 2008,
depends what u play. If u need the extra low B-string (mostly used in metal bands who want a very low sound), then go for it. But if all you play is, for example, funk or blues that normally doesnt use the 7th string, u should go the the 6-string
Depends what you are going to play... I would prefer a six string because i find it unnecessary to play such low notes.

On the other hand, you have already got a six string, so it's really up to you man!
My Gear
Electrics - Ibanez RG370DX
Acoustics - Takamine EG510SC, Victoria Classic
Pedals - Ibanez WD7, Marshall ED1, Digitech DF7, Boss AC3, Marshall RG1, Digitech XDD
Amplifiers - Laney HCM15R, Roland Micro Cube
if you absolutely want a trem go with a 6er(not many 7's have them)
if you want a 7 i wouldn't suggest a schecter cause they tend to have wider necks than others, i personally recommend ibanez for 7 stringers
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Or you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get a good 7 with a floyd
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
*whips out usual 7 string answer*

buy the 7 if you feel you'll use the extra range.

if you just want to downtune, buy a set of strings gauged 13-56 and chug out on the 6 string.

I'll admit tho, when i bought my 7, it really does feel more like a complete guitar compared to a downtuned 6 string. i can have my high E while indulging in my chunky low B
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
*whips out usual 7 string answer*

buy the 7 if you feel you'll use the extra range.

if you just want to downtune, buy a set of strings gauged 13-56 and chug out on the 6 string.

I'll admit tho, when i bought my 7, it really does feel more like a complete guitar compared to a downtuned 6 string. i can have my high E while indulging in my chunky low B

Taken the words out of my mouth good sir. Thats the reason i bought a 7 Stringer
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!