Page 1 of 3
usually when i tell people that i play the guitar they always assume this:

DAMN BROSEPH YOU MUST GET THE CHICKS MANNN SH*T TEACH ME

and i think as guitarists we know this is not totally true, and every guy i talk to always asks me do you have a gf? and i say no not at the moment and they say how the hell do you not have a gf when you play guitar???
i mean i have come across girls who i meet for the first time who would become more interested in me when witness me playing and singing, but it doesn't go farther than friendship.

idk what i should tell those people, and its really a bad stereotype of guitarists and its really starting to tick me off anybody else experience this?

btw: broseph = to bro, brother, dude, man, or friend
example: hey broseph, whats going on tonight ?
(Urban Dictionary)
Last edited by SenseS FaiL at Oct 5, 2008,
If my name was Broseph, then yes, I'd get sick of it. JOSEPH! That's a real mans name!

/conceitedness
Nah...I get it every now and then too, I just ignore it really.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
It never happens to me.

If only
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Chicks dig guitar players. Playing guitar will increase your chances of getting poon by 600%.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
tell them you just bang a different girl every night and that's why you don't have a gf. Then see how dissappointed he is when he spends ages learning to play and gets nothing.
Quote by dylanfg
no its never happened altho most ppl in my skl like shit music

now, when you say "skl", do you mean "school"?

damn that is some of the laziest typing I have ever seen.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Quote by andy_thomas
Chicks dig guitar players. Playing guitar will increase your chances of getting poon by 600%.

Yeah, but what's 600% of 0?
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
No cuz I do this.

Friend *to chick*: Hey I play guitar

Really Hot Chick: Awwww *goes towards friend*

Me: Yeah, well I play drums

Chick: Ewwwww *runs away*
Quote by andy_thomas

This,

Im getting sucked off by like 7 different chicks as I type

I'm super serial...
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Quote by andy_thomas

And i think by skl he meant skill.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
This,

Im getting sucked off by like 7 different chicks as I type

I'm super serial...

only 7?

You must've just started playing......

Quote by alteredstates

"Broseph?"

Also, playing a musical instrument well usually implies talent, intelligence, and creativity to some degree. All of these are generally seen as attractive qualities, so it's not surprising musicians will get a bit of attention.
i think its a plus to girl when you play the guitar but i dont think it necessarily gives you automatic poon
Quote by HamOfGod
tell them you just bang a different girl every night and that's why you don't have a gf. Then see how dissappointed he is when he spends ages learning to play and gets nothing.

That's not a bad idea.

TS-
I'd recommend just responding by telling whoever brings up that point that you don't play to get girls, and it's stupid to think otherwise. Guitar playing might have used to work on girls, but now it's common knowledge, and if there's one thing girls hate, it's guys who think they know what girls want.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by AnoKid09
If my name was Broseph, then yes, I'd get sick of it. JOSEPH! That's a real mans name!

/conceitedness
Nah...I get it every now and then too, I just ignore it really.

Why thank you.

but no
Quote by jsbud11
No cuz I do this.

Hahaha :P
WOOOWWW , DUDE........... NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!
Quote by andy_thomas

If you're like me and naturally have a 0% chance it stays at 0%
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Quote by SenseS FaiL
idk what i should tell those people, and its really a bad stereotype of guitarists and its really starting to tick me off anybody else experience this?
tell them they will never be able to understand until they are a player, themself. tell them to spend the next couple of years learning to play, then you'll talk.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Nope. Then again, I can't play any songs that would appeal to them. Broseph is a fucking badass name, you'd get pussy anyway...
I actually did get a girl once by telling her I play guitar/write my own songs. Then she dumped me when she found out that BROSEPH isn't my real name.

Quote by CTFOD
It never happens to me.

If only

+1
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by andy_thomas
only 7?

You must've just started playing......

Yeah i bought my guitar like 30 minutes ago and all these chicks followed me home and i was all like k koo...
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Everyone sees me play (im single) and says that i must get like 7, eight or maybe even nine chicks on my **** every night, but i get none of it :-(
LoL! I think that you have to get the girlfriend by yourself... the whole guitar playing part is just something for you to show off later I think.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
Yeah i bought my guitar like 30 minutes ago and all these chicks followed me home and i was all like k koo...

30 minutes? Damn I bet you know all of Green day's songs.
Quote by Allnightmask22
That's not a bad idea.

TS-
I'd recommend just responding by telling whoever brings up that point that you don't play to get girls, and it's stupid to think otherwise. Guitar playing might have used to work on girls, but now it's common knowledge, and if there's one thing girls hate, it's guys who think they know what girls want.

Not true, most girls love cunnilingus....
Chicks around here dig only athletes and those who wear stupid rap costumes.
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by jsbud11
30 minutes? Damn I bet you know all of Green day's songs.

Yeah Ive gotten most of Blink 182's songs down too cuz tey R teh Br00talz lololol
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Quote by andy_thomas
now, when you say "skl", do you mean "school"?

damn that is some of the laziest typing I have ever seen.

wt u n abt thrs nthn wrng wt hs typn

On topic: It's not really that true, it's only worked for me like 2 or 3 times
ohai little sig.
Nah I never get that. Only the occasion

them: "I wish I could play"
Me: "this school has free lessons"
them: "nah I got too much shit to do" (When all they do is sit and watch tv at their houses)
me: "then don't ****ing say you want to learn if you don't want to put the ****ing effort in "
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I think that if u meet a girl one night and dont tell her your a guitarist but she finds out, it's actually a show of modesty that scores you points. But i don't think girls really care about any instrument playig unless they find it interesting.
Quote by jsbud11
No cuz I do this.

I could only wish to have girls all over me because I play guitar
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by I-Shot-Jr

You in this thread have just made my day.
there is a kid at my school that every girl has a boner for cause he play guitar
he decent he only play acoustic things
were as I play metal....
ಠ_ಠ
No, no one else is sick of this.
No one in the entire world.

I, on the other hand, kinda like it when people ask me to teach them. But then again, not a lotta people know I play guitar, so not very many people ask me.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Page 1 of 3