I recently bought a Boss/Roland power chain for my pedal board, only to realise that it doesnt really um...well, I cant figure out how to work it. I cant see a way to connect my pedals with it and my power adaptor. The adaptor/plug is a standard off the shelf veriable output one with interchangable sockets/ ends and it says it should work with the Boss adaptor but is there any way I can make it work with this?

And why are the simplest things the most complicated?

Anyway, any help would be awsome, and forgive my n00b language, I'm not a sparkie.
I can do no wrong, for I do not know what wrong is.

The Gear:
Squire 50th Stratocaster (Pimped Out)
Gibson SG Standard
Tuxedo Telecaster Terror (Own Build)
Nameless Les paul
Marshall MGFX 100 Combo
The end of a boss ac adapter is supposed to go into the one part of the daisy chain that looks like you can stick something in it. Its at the end.
I'm linking together Boss pedals and I'm looking at the chain now and my adaptors and none of them fit..all of the plugs on the chain are identical...its so damn wierd...

and as for the end of the chain, I have both ends here and they both look identical, barrel plugs. ont if the pin lug adaptors fits into the same type of plug on my digiteck power adaprtor for that pedal but not here...
I can do no wrong, for I do not know what wrong is.

The Gear:
Squire 50th Stratocaster (Pimped Out)
Gibson SG Standard
Tuxedo Telecaster Terror (Own Build)
Nameless Les paul
Marshall MGFX 100 Combo
Last edited by BucketheadBoy90 at Oct 5, 2008,
Quote by BucketheadBoy90
I'm linking together Boss pedals and I'm looking at the chain now and my adaptors and none of them fit..all of the plugs on the chain are identical...its so damn wierd...

All the plugs on the chain are supposed to be the same because they're the most common plug used in pedals. (They should fit most Boss pedals if I'm not mistaken)

Quote by BucketheadBoy90
and as for the end of the chain, I have both ends here and they both look identical, barrel plugs. ont if the pin lug adaptors fits into the same type of plug on my digiteck power adaprtor for that pedal but not here...

I'm sorry, what?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
The Roland daisy chain are meant to be used with a Boss pedal that has two AC plug ins. Either the TU-2 tuner, NS-2 Noise supressor, or LS-1 Line Selector pedal can have an adapter plugged in them, then with the second AC plug in, you connect one of the daisy chain plugs. One adapter then powers a whole row of pedals.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
you need a daisy chain with a spot to plug an adapter into it.

the BOSS one is for use with certain BOSS pedals with a power line-out on them, like the TU-2 Tuner, etc.
I made this mistake when I bought my first daisy chain.
Quote by Van Noord
The Roland daisy chain are meant to be used with a Boss pedal that has two AC plug ins. Either the TU-2 tuner, NS-2 Noise supressor, or LS-1 Line Selector pedal can have an adapter plugged in them, then with the second AC plug in, you connect one of the daisy chain plugs. One adapter then powers a whole row of pedals.

dont forget the boss psm5
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by the boogieman
dont forget the boss psm5
Yup, that one too. Although I think it`s discontinued now.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
damn, i just bought one as well
they should really tell you on the packet-cheeky bastards