Are there any non religous muslims / muslims who believe in god, etc. etc. but have had premarital sex, drink, and anything else? What are you views on this? And do you really care etc.

This is your thread, so inhabit it people!
Yes, just like any religion, there are devout followers, and more lax followers. I have a Muslim friend who doesn't closely follow the faith but still considers himself Muslim.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
religion thread?

edit: Ok I don't wanna be one of those kind of guys, so I'll answer. I would say it's safe to think there are those who do things like that. They have billions of followers and seeing as they are all human, they will do "immoral" things against their faith.
Last edited by SeveralSpecies at Oct 5, 2008,
Yeah there is. I expect most of them live here in the U.S. seeing as no one gives a shit about anything.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by NKF176
Are there any non religous muslims / muslims who believe in god, etc. etc. but have had premarital sex, drink, and anything else? What are you views on this? And do you really care etc.

This is your thread, so inhabit it people!

of course, just like in any religeon. think about it this way, are all christians (for instance) super religeous i.e quote the bible, abstain from sex, dont drink ect..
no they aren't; exactly the same case for all the other religeons

me^ ^SLASH

JIMMY PAGE
ADRIAN SMITH
DAVE MURRAY
Yup, I live with one and one of my best friends is one too. There'll be more and more turning up soon as Western culture insidiously finds its way into even the strictest Muslim home.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Of course there are!

Hahaha, remembered a funny anecdote about it.
This muslim friend of my father drank some wine (quite a lot)
Now, he's not used to alcohol, so it caught him of guard.
He ended up vomiting in some bushes while his wife was cursing at him:
"See! God doesn't want you to drink!
You drank! And god has punished you for it!"
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
I posted this in that other thread

my neighbour is a bosnian muslim and she cooks everything on lard
Quote by Tom_hatton

That's from Skins, amirite?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Tom_hatton
You are. Have a short holiday.

Did you enjoy it? Good.

Blackadder FTW
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
by non-religious then i guess you mean that they don't believe in islam? How could they be non-religious and still believe in god?

all muslims aren't fundamentalists, so of course there are muslims that drink and have sex and stuff.

let me guess, your american right? you guys scare me, the most powerful country in the world and so many people voting to decide who leads you haven't got a clue about so many basic things. Mind you, Palin couldn't point out Europe with the help of a labelled map and an assistant.
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
religion thred
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by mrjimborinsane
by non-religious then i guess you mean that they don't believe in islam? How could they be non-religious and still believe in god?

all muslims aren't fundamentalists, so of course there are muslims that drink and have sex and stuff.

let me guess, your american right? you guys scare me, the most powerful country in the world and so many people voting to decide who leads you haven't got a clue about so many basic things. Mind you, Palin couldn't point out Europe with the help of a labelled map and an assistant.

I'm british and just wanted to know..
I'm just like Anwar from Skins, and my name is Anuar.

I don't drink. I don't eat pork, ham, and bacon. I fast during ramadhan which ended last week. I don't pray 5 times a day but I pray once in a while, 2-3 times a day. Working on it. Sex? If the chance is there, I am all for it.
R.A.G.E.
i see women hiding their faces with this black cloth while walking...
are those muslims??
Quote by anuar_grg
^They can be. Or they can be aliens hiding their faces.

no those are called gurkas or burkas or something...
Quote by sbikram

no those are called gurkas or burkas or something...

Or 'jilbab'.
R.A.G.E.
hahaha ive got an add for the international muslim thing
muslima.com
just thought it was ironic
but yes of course there are people who are less faithful and people who are more
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by Tom_hatton

That'll be used in a BNP campaign soon, about them "raping young white innocent women".
pretty stupid question...there are a lot more liberal muslims than strict muslims, a LOT more, just like in any other religion. its just that the screwed up ones are getting all the attention.

btw, i come from a muslim family and one of the more liberal muslim countries around (at least it used to be), and im also extremely non-religious
Quote by lord_fREtheadIX
pretty stupid question...there are a lot more liberal muslims than strict muslims, a LOT more, just like in any other religion. its just that the screwed up ones are getting all the attention.

btw, i come from a muslim family and one of the more liberal muslim countries around (at least it used to be), and im also extremely non-religious

Unfortunately you are right, only the crazy ones get the attention.

And yes, like our friend above pointed out there are A LOT of liberal Muslims.

Remember the Arabic metal band? That's as liberal as you can get.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Yeah, Im Muslim, but i havent had premarital sex, and i dont drink. But i consider myslef pretty lax
Quote by Majin Gaara
Muslims are evil

GTFO my internetz!

Quote by grampastumpy
Lawl, non-religious Muslims...?

Like non-religious Jews.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.