i was looking at some money and there is an identification number on each side. So could you, if u wanted, tear it in half and go to two different bamks and get it replaced? therefore if you tore a £5 note in half and done this, could you get £10 al together out of that? And the banks iv bee nin dont check the numbers, they just give you the replacement note!
i dunno im just bored and came up with ths!
wat does the pit think?
I assume someone already thought of this so they have some kind of database where they have all the ID numbers of bills taken out of circulation entered
no, you need at least 2/3 of the bill to get it replaced
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Im sure that they will already have some sort of security measure against that sort of thing
..BUT

only one way to find out!
How about you get a job?

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by jaspep
i was looking at some money and there is an identification number on each side. So could you, if u wanted, tear it in half and go to two different bamks and get it replaced? therefore if you tore a £5 note in half and done this, could you get £10 al together out of that? And the banks iv bee nin dont check the numbers, they just give you the replacement note!
i dunno im just bored and came up with ths!
wat does the pit think?
Probably won't work. Can't say about Sterling, but US currency, if you have half a note, they only give you half the value.

This is not an original idea. It's almost as old as paper money itself.

/thread.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
then a shop would accept half a note. so then you could use it that way instead of in a bank which wouldnt have a "couldnt give a **** teenager" behind the cashier. then id say tht would work!
Quote by thanksgiving
How about you get a job?

QFT. get a job like the rest of the world.
Quote by thanksgiving
How about you get a job?

i do have a job. i have my own plastering company! im only making an observation and seeing what others think! im not declaring poverty!
I had a ripped in 2 twenty once, and i handed in both parts and it was good but then i tried giving half a five to a cashier and he said do you have the other half

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by thanksgiving
How about you get a job?

This.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Someone told me that you have to have 51% of the bill intact, but I doubt that's true, because that's a pretty small margin.
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
I don't know about the UK, but in the States, the rule is you have to have both serial numbers completely intact for the bill to be valid.
If you are reading this, then it would seem that you're either too busy with this sig with nothing in it to finish reading the thread or there are no posts left in the thread to read.
dont return both halves urself. u and a friend each go in at different times and do it
Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

i have already tried to exploit this grey area and it doesn't work
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.