Page 1 of 51
Not necessarily a chat thread, but a formal music/life discussion thread. The first time I see uneeded SPAM the thread will be closed and I will never bring it back. The only reason I'm giving you one more chance is because I'm a total pushover.

Ready? Set? Go!
LOL
yay! My life is going good and I'm looking for to getting away from where I am now, which I am going to do in less than a year. I just need to get through a couple of months of high school.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Neato, so anybody liking any new bands.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
As for me, my life is great. Working alot, applying to college, and spending time with my significant other pretty much sums it up.

As far as new bands go, my taste now has shifted to nothing but prog and experimental music, with the occasional alternative stuff.
LOL
well im getting my band together and found someone i really like relationship wise, so im good... i only need a drummer and a keyboardist and im set on mah band
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Life is just pretty simple for me at the moment. I feel slightly pressured by my friends to be more sociable. But, I'm happy with the way I am, so I don't care. Plus, I never realised how warm my (long) hair had kept me. I never knew how cold it was...

New bands? Not really. Although I did pick up Serj's album the other day and I rather enjoyed it.
Quote by frankv
I haven't really discovered any new bands lately. Anyone have any recommendations?

And Hazz, why did you lose the hair?

I thought it would be a good idea to cut it off, all off. It used to cover my face. Just a shame because people now know how red my face goes when I'm embarressed.
Quote by hazzmatazz
I thought it would be a good idea to cut it off, all off. It used to cover my face. Just a shame because people now know how red my face goes when I'm embarressed.

I see, are you planning on letting it grow again?

Mine is almost reaching my shoulders now. I get comments from my friends to go cut but I'm way too stubborn to go into those comments. Peer pressure for the lose.
Quote by frankv
I see, are you planning on letting it grow again?

Mine is almost reaching my shoulders now. I get comments from my friends to go cut but I'm way too stubborn to go into those comments. Peer pressure for the lose.

It does look better short, but maybe, when the school year is finished. I used to get comments as well, so I figured I may as well just grow it because it pissed them so much .
Quote by cagnius

They sure convinced you quick to open this!

I wasn't around for your thread to see out it reacted...

So I really have no reason to say no right now because I don't know what happened.
LOL
It went great

I just closed as my last move

Now, back to International Law...
Terms and Conditions apply.
I only listen to pop punk now a days.

Well that and poppy alternative, like Superchunk.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by hazzmatazz
It does look better short, but maybe, when the school year is finished. I used to get comments as well, so I figured I may as well just grow it because it pissed them so much .

I'm still wondering why my heterosexual male friend get so annoyed by it. What effect does it have on their life?
My new band is Born of Osiris, which is essentially progressive hardcore.

Oh, and I listen to Sonic Youth and Velvet Underground alot.
LOL
Quote by frankv
I'm still wondering why my heterosexual male friend get so annoyed by it. What effect does it have on their life?

Exactly. I got my hair cut in the summer holidays. My brother honestly believes my friends started calling for because I had my hair cut, which is nonsense. It was summer...

Obviously he has dickish friends if they care wether or not someone grows long hair, then again they are a bunch of delinquents.
Quote by frankv
I'll check that out after I've finished listening to Ad Astra Per Aspera's album.

That was pretty cool actually. Oh, and I've also been listening to a bit of The Protomen recently. Their music is based around the storyline of the Megaman games, it's a very cheesy concept but they actually pull it off quite well.

http://www.myspace.com/theprotomen
Quote by DownInAHole.
My new band is Born of Osiris, which is essentially progressive hardcore.

Oh, and I listen to Sonic Youth and Velvet Underground alot.

i really like daydream nation, other than that sonic youth is halfass imo

Velvet Underground is always good.

I've been into modern jam bands, and old progressive rock.
Evol is my favorite Sonic Youth album.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by DownInAHole.
Washing Machine is my favorite.

Definitely an underrated album. "Junkie's Promise" is actually probably my favorite SY song.

Although, I've always thought "Little Trouble Girl" is terrible, which is a shame, because the novelty of two Kims singing on one track had a lot of potential.

I've been listening to SY all day...except now I'm listening to Rain Dogs, go figure.
Quote by DownInAHole.
Everyone will lose the long hair eventually.

The older you get, the more ugly it makes you appear.

It's ugly right from the start, you just become more conscious of that as you get older.

Anyway, hi all, I'm Jon/break, and I'm a user of this forum.

I have 3 essays to do by tomorrow morning and I haven't finished a single one.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
It's ugly right from the start, you just become more conscious of that as you get older.

Anyway, hi all, I'm Jon/break, and I'm a user of this forum.

You best get to work then Jon/break. What are the essays on?
Last edited by Broken_Drum at Oct 5, 2008,
Quote by frankv
It's almost as if he's actually one of us.

Don't be silly.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by break-me-in

Would you like to trade assignments? I have to write a "memoir" for English about an epiphany I've had. Problem is, I've never had any memorable epiphanies. And since my teacher takes everything way too seriously, I can't make one up about when I realized that playing basketball was my destiny.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
It feels so wierd looking at cag's name in black.

You mean yellow, n00b.
Quote by Broken_Drum
You best get to work then Jon/break. What are the essays on?

Drama - Evaluate in your own opinion the contributions made to modern entertainment by Stanislavski, Brecht, Berkoff and Artaud.
Philosophy - How does Descartes conclude that the world exists and what criticisms can be found in his arguments?
Politics - Can Britain be reasonably considered a democracy?
Quote by rockon1824
Would you like to trade assignments? I have to write a "memoir" for English about an epiphany I've had. Problem is, I've never had any memorable epiphanies. And since my teacher takes everything way too seriously, I can't make one up about when I realized that playing basketball was my destiny.

That's a shame, that'd be awesome.

I would actually trade with you. Because I could make up a reasonably believable epiphany, given the time, whereas I cannot for the life of me think of more criticisms of Descartes.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by rockon1824

You mean yellow, n00b.

How the hell is it yellow?
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
How the hell is it yellow?

When you use the skin that won't make you go blind when you're 40.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by break-me-in
Drama - Evaluate in your own opinion the contributions made to modern entertainment by Stanislavski, Brecht, Berkoff and Artaud.
Philosophy - How does Descartes conclude that the world exists and what criticisms can be found in his arguments?

That's a shame, that'd be awesome.

I would actually trade with you. Because I could make up a reasonably believable epiphany, given the time, whereas I cannot for the life of me think of more criticisms of Descartes.

I'd actually enjoy that assignment: I think Descartes is the biggest buffoon that has ever lived.

Unfortunately, I don't think a trade would work because my teacher would notice a change in writing style, given how much we write in there, lol.

I'm also not too familiar with how he proved that the world exists; though, given how he proved that he exists, it wouldn't be surprising to me if just begged the question again.
Quote by rockon1824
I'd actually enjoy that assignment: I think Descartes is the biggest buffoon that has ever lived.

Unfortunately, I don't think a trade would work because my teacher would notice a change in writing style, given how much we write in there, lol. I'm also not too familiar with how he proved that the world exists; though, given how he proved that he exists, it wouldn't be surprising to me if just begged the question again.

From my essay:
*original extract deleted to prevent myself being accused of plagiarism*

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Oct 5, 2008,
Quote by break-me-in

If I were answering that now, I'd question the term democracy itself - how it is perceived, whether it is a universal concept, whether it is just a set of criteria that is applied automatically.

Then, I'd look at the voting system of the UK with other states to see whether Parliament is, in itself, democratic in its make-up. Then, I'd consider the House of Lords and whether it is democratic to link two of the three elements of an effective democracy (allowing the Law Lords to sit and pass legislation, as well as being the highest appeal court in the country - arguably ameliorated by the new Supreme Court). After that, I'd consider whether the judiciary are too linked to the legislature and executive (citing Scotland and the Lord Advocate's role within the Scottish Executive).

You could also look at the application of human rights and the laws of freedom of expression (art. 10 ECHR) and how it translates to the freedom of expression inherent in a democracy.

...But that's just me.
Terms and Conditions apply.