So, I have been cruising Youtube like crazy the past few days, and there are a lot of Obama hate vids, and a lot of McPalin hate vids. (Biden is left out because there are, belief it or not, many people who could care less). Being a youth in Canada, a natural liberal-left winger, I support Obama, a lot of good it does considering I don't live in the states, haha.

Anyhow, I have seen many people's conspiracy theories about Obama being a Muslim, and how he is lying to the entire country. While I am not a supporter of lying, all politicians do it. What is the difference if he is Muslim or not? Does it automatically make him a terrorist? Canada also has a shameful record when it comes to the treatment of Muslims, but seriously, is it that big a deal? I mean he is already "black", what's the big deal if he is Muslim? It is not like the US is going to become a maximalist religious society if he becomes president...

Furthermore, the Canadian election is coming up, and for any of my fellow Canadians, I strongly urge you to look past tradition (Conservative or Liberal? hmmmmm), there are like seven more parties to vote for. And no vote is wasted.

So yeah, Obama as a muslim: big deal? (If it were true), Canadian election: NDP, Green, Marijuana, Communist, etc?
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Last edited by rock_star77 at Oct 5, 2008,
Who cares? I'm Australian.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Yes, I knew Obama was from Hawaii, and I wish it was my Canadian whores
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Jack Layton is insane. Sorry but he is. Doesnt know his ass from his elbow for anything but unions and hating the conservatives. The Green Party and Elizabeth May are ****ing stupid. They think that growing trees and burning ethanol will solve all the world's problems. They have really no platform other than "OMFG! GLOBAL WARMINGS!"

Harper is kinda shitty but he's done a decent job imho. I want the liberals to win, cause I think Dion and can be an outside thinker, kind of like Trudeau was, just not as popular and sanse a cape. Although in my local riding I'm gonna be voting NDP because it fits our town which is based on unions.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
I'll bet you anything Obama's gonna get assassinated if he gets elected as president.

And yeah! NDP all the way dude.
Except, I'm not old enough to vote, and
it wouldn't make much of a difference anyways
[/apathetic view on voting]
If I was canadian, I wouldn't care aboot my woes.

I'd just hang around in a trailer park somewhere near Halifax, grow weed, get drunk, eat chicken fingers and live in a car.
Quote by Devopast
Jack Layton is insane. Sorry but he is. Doesnt know his ass from his elbow for anything but unions and hating the conservatives. The Green Party and Elizabeth May are ****ing stupid. They think that growing trees and burning ethanol will solve all the world's problems. They have really no platform other than "OMFG! GLOBAL WARMINGS!"

Not necessarily true about the Green Party. Their platform is a lot stronger than that. I agree, the premise is there, but they are also looking to create of 300,000 green collar jobs, which by the way are the most sustainable jobs that can be created today. If you come from a "GM" town like I do (currently at university, away from home), you know that people are being laid off left and right, and we can't support a government that will keep giving money to the automotive industry, in order for them to keep laying us off.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Stephan Dion is such a douche. It always looks like he's so nervous and about to cry all the time. I would hate to have him represent Canada. Actually, all the candidates I would hate to have represent Canada, everyone on of them is terrible.
your from Hamilton aren't you Devopast
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']If I was canadian, I wouldn't care aboot my woes.

I'd just hang around in a trailer park somewhere near Halifax, grow weed, get drunk, eat chicken fingers and live in a car.
This post pretty much sums up my life.
Quote by Drmckool
your from Hamilton aren't you Devopast

Close enough I guess. Windsor though.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
St. Catharines FTW
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by Faux~Affliction
I'll bet you anything Obama's gonna get assassinated if he gets elected as president.

I don't understand how 85% of the population thinks this. Why? Cause he's black? There's been black people at just about every other postition of power (not to mention a hell of a lot that are just well-known other ways) and it's not like they're dropping like flies.

Plus, it wouldn't be quite as easy to do as some people seem to think.
Quote by rock_star77
St. Catharines FTW

St. Kittz is wheres it at.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Hanzi_G
St. Kittz is wheres it at.

true that.

Anyways, Obama, as a Muslim, DOES IT MATTER?
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
I'm voting Conservative because every other party is too radical for my old bones, and I'm threatened by change.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
I'm voting Conservative because every other party is too radical for my old bones, and I'm threatened by change.

...atm, Conservative is the most radical party (besides communist and the neo-whatevers).

Conservative is slowly deteriorating into Republican.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by rock_star77
...atm, Conservative is the most radical party (besides communist and the neo-whatevers).

Conservative is slowly deteriorating into Republican.

It's either the Conservatives or the Liberals.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Devopast
Close enough I guess. Windsor though.

sounds about right for NDP.

i find that we really shouldn't focus on the leader of the party so much as what the party says.

to paraphrase Micheal Ignatieff "we're not electing who looks best in a sweater or father of the year, we're not electing a president. we're electing a party that can lead us as a country"
I shot JR

You Canadians need Mr. Lahey to take over.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Erik_Aero
Stephan Dion is such a douche. It always looks like he's so nervous and about to cry all the time. I would hate to have him represent Canada. Actually, all the candidates I would hate to have represent Canada, everyone on of them is terrible.

This is going to be a huge problem in the upcoming election, people are disregarding Dion just because he's a 'sweaty palms' type of public speaker, completely ignoring his policies, which could help Canada a whole lot right now.

I also hate the mentality of "I don't want to vote for the Green Party because if they only care about the environment." If you vote for a party it doesn't mean they automatically get full control over the country, that's how Canadian politics work, we spend so much time following the American campaigns that by the time we return to Canadian politics we have the mentality of one man or even one party having complete control, though with a minority government that's hardly the case. I think most Green voters realize that they'll never get majority, I also think they don't really want it. They'd rather get a few more seats to have more say in the House and counter-balance the conservatives on environmental issues.

AND if you haven't noticed the environment is kind of a big part of the area around you, it effects everything, especially the Canadian economy, which is rooted in agriculture, forestry, fishing and the likes. Not to mention our potential for alternative fuels,a budding industry that we could easily become the leader in. If we just had a few more Green seats. Or NDP. Or Liberal (even if he can barely speak english).
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Quote by Devopast

Harper is kinda shitty but he's done a decent job imho. I want the liberals to win, cause I think Dion and can be an outside thinker, kind of like Trudeau was, just not as popular and sanse a cape. Although in my local riding I'm gonna be voting NDP because it fits our town which is based on unions.

Are you serious? Have you watched the debates? The Green Party isn't concerned solely in the environment. From what I've seen they could actually do a decent job running this country.

"They have really no platform other than 'OMFG! GLOBAL WARMINGS!'". Are you sure you aren't thinking about the liberals? I've only seen them reveal their plan for the Carbon Tax. Even when asked chart the first thing he would do if he got into office, Dion said he would formulate a plan to "fix" the economy. By that time he should be putting the plans into effect, not making them.
Quote by rock_star77

NDP, Green, Marijuana, Communist, etc?

What a motley crew of way left wing crazies. If any of them gain any power they'll fuck everything up royally. I'll vote Conservative. Mainly because Harper isn't going fuck up too bad compared to everyone else and Dion's carbon tax is a disaster waiting to happen.
That puppet Stephen Harper is going to win, and us leftist Canadians are going to be ****ed for another 4 years.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
I don't understand how 85% of the population thinks this. Why? Cause he's black? There's been black people at just about every other postition of power (not to mention a hell of a lot that are just well-known other ways) and it's not like they're dropping like flies.

He reminds some people of JFK.
Quote by -heartbreaker-
That puppet Stephen Harper is going to win, and us leftist Canadians are going to be ****ed for another 4 years.

he is such a control freak with his cabinet
I shot JR

Obama's race is not holding him back at all, he has an unbelievable amount of votes from America's minority population, which if put together sums up to be a lot of people... I think it is stupid that people call him a Muslim, which he is not, and if he were, yes it would make a difference, I think. Then again I'm an Atheist and Conservative, so what would I know? Everyone hates me right?
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Quote by Drmckool
he is such a control freak with his cabinet

I think what the problem in Canada is the dilution of leftist parties.

there's the Conservative Party, and then there's 4 left parties.
then all of us radicals vote for NDP, Liberal, Green, BQ.....if we could all decide on one party, we might have a future for Canada...

another problem is apathy. people just don't vote because they believe it won't make a difference.
Obama is not a muslim. It's just idiot conservatives who think he is because of his name. I can't wait for the day when christianity loses it's death grip on the government in this nation.
Quote by thanksgiving
Who cares? I'm Australian.

People in the US
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
It's an issue because Americans are more impressionable than a wet sack of clay, and, If one person with a talk show thinks he's a Muslim (and thinks that's bad), then the rest of us believe it too.
I think people had the same problem with JFK being a Roman Catholic.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a