Page 1 of 2
I was just trying to listen to the new Metallica album (twas terrible) trying to get some variety in my music, when somebody mentioned some feud about Megadeath and Metallica. I really don't listen to metal as i am more of a lighter sound person , but can someone clarify on the fight or feud or whatever?
Dave Mustaine used to be in Metallica, he got replaced with Kirk, Dave claimed he stole his riffs and solos, Lars and James got butthurt and Kirk was probably sad, so Lars and Dave hate each other even though they are both rich and famous and in a world famous band.

The End.
Dave Mustaine was the guitarist of Metallica for about a year, and was replaced by Kirk Hammett after Metallica kicked him out for his alcohol abuse (bwaha irony).
Dave Mustaine was in Metallica. He annoyed everyone. He gets chucked out. He vowed to make a better band, Megadeth. Both bands take punts at each other and say nasty things, just for teh lulz.
Quote by Untitled001
Dave Mustaine was the guitarist of Metallica for about a year, and was replaced by Kirk Hammett after Metallica kicked him out for his alcohol abuse (bwaha irony).

Wasn't it because he kicked James' dog?

While he was drunk.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dave Mustaine used to be in Metallica, he got replaced with Kirk, Dave claimed he stole his riffs and solos, Lars and James got butthurt and Kirk was probably sad, so Lars and Dave hate each other even though they are both rich and famous and in a world famous band.

The End.

Aw... he's so sensitive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjAyG8qf44k

Also, Metallica thread... I won't report it, though
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Dave Mustaine (founder and figurehead of Megadeth) was fired from Metallica because he was an alcoholic and used to be a violent drunk etc. etc.

He then formed megadeth fully intending for them to be a rival for metallica so I suppose when Megadeth gathered a following there became a rivalry between the fans of the two badns as well as the members and even today people are bickering over which band is best.

I personally think Megadeth are much more talented than metallica are but that's my opinion. But both are gd for different reasons. You might wanna check 'deth out.

edit: damn i was beaten
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by CTFOD

While he was drunk.

that
is
hilarious
Dave Mustaine was the original guitarist in Metallica. They kicked him out because he was always drunk. Dave went on and formed Megadeth and made a better band than Metallica.
Well, it seems to be explained. Oh also, while drunk, Mustaine kicked Hetfield's dog, James asked him about it, then Dave punched him in the face.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Well, it seems to be explained. Oh also, while drunk, Mustaine kicked Hetfield's dog, James asked him about it, then Dave punched him in the face.

I fucking KNEW IT.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by Untitled001
Dave Mustaine was the guitarist of Metallica for about a year, and was replaced by Kirk Hammett after Metallica kicked him out for his alcohol drug abuse (bwaha irony).
No irony there.

Check the wiki page TS.
Quote by fr33t0m
Well it really doesn't matter because Metallica isn't metal anymore.

I lol'd
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Oct 5, 2008,
Quote by freddaahh

James kicked Dave's dog, watch the Megadeth behind the music documentary
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
i liked death magnetic. but ya he also got their bass player before cliff electrocuted on stage
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by CTFOD

While he was drunk.

He got let back in and then got kicked out again.. For more alcohol abuse
Quote by fr33t0m
Well it really doesn't matter because Metallica isn't metal anymore.

if youre picky, in metallicas hey-day they were technically pop were they not.
=MAY THE HAND OF GOD STRIKE THEM DOWN=

+Rip Dimebag+

Gear:

Ibanez RG170
Epiphone SG Standard G400
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Boss Metal Zone MT2
Boss V-WAH
Digitech Whammy
Spider Line 6 II 30W
But if you wanna listen to some good stuff, give Countdown to Extinction a listen. Personally I think it's one of the best albums ever made.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Basically, what's happened is that Metallica are upset because they're shit in comparison to Megadeth.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Kneusje
But if you wanna listen to some good stuff, give Countdown to Extinction a listen. Personally I think it's one of the best albums ever made.

LOL. If you want really good Megadeth, listen to the first three albums. "Killing is my Business...and Business is Good!", "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?", and "So Far, So Good, So What?"
Quote by rabidguitarist
Basically, what's happened is that Metallica are upset because they're shit in comparison to Megadeth.

Yeah, my old guitar teacher and his dad, and one of my other friends are always like "Kirk Hammett is the ****ing worst guitarist in the entire world" and they like Dave. I wouldn't say Kirk sucks, but the three of them are all better than he is, so I guess they can say that if they want.

EDIT: I wouldn't say Metallica suck, but from what I've heard, I think they're boring.

I've only heard one Megadeth song, and it sucked balls.
Quote by The_Toki
LOL. If you want really good Megadeth, listen to the first three albums. "Killing is my Business...and Business is Good!", "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?", and "So Far, So Good, So What?"

No way, man. Those albums are great, no doubt, but CtE is just so fast and hard, and the production is absolutely immaculate.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
No way, man. Those albums are great, no doubt, but CtE is just so fast and hard, and the production is absolutely immaculate.

I fucking love that album, but Dave's voice just grates on my ears. Especially in Sweating Bullets, and Symphony of Destruction. "You try to take his puh-uh-uulse!"
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by Karvid
Aw... he's so sensitive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjAyG8qf44k

Also, Metallica thread... I won't report it, though

LMAO BAHAHAHAHAHAH
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Another incident occurred when Mustaine, who had been drinking, poured a full can of beer down the neck and into the pick-ups of Ron McGovney's bass. When McGovney tried playing it, he received an electrical shock which he claims 'blew him across the room and shocked the hell out of him'.

This story never ceased to amuse me.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by rabidguitarist

Woo hell yeaa!!
I personally think metallica is WAY overrated, and mustaine is probably one of my favorite artists ever. His voice can be annoying sometimes but its damn powerful and hes a kick ass guitar player.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
One of the most reflective moments of Mustaine's time in Metallica was when he brought his dog to rehearsal. The dog jumped up onto the car of Metallica bassist Ron McGovney and scratched the paint. Hetfield allegedly proceeded to yell at Mustaine's dog and kicked it in anger. Mustaine responded by physically attacking Hetfield and McGovney. Mustaine was fired following the altercation. The next day, Mustaine asked to be allowed back in the band and was granted his request. Another incident occurred when Mustaine, who had been drinking, poured a full can of beer down the neck and into the pick-ups of Ron McGovney's bass. When McGovney tried playing it, he received an electrical shock which he claims 'blew him across the room and shocked the hell out of him'. McGovney then told Mustaine to leave his house, and quit the band.
Last edited by Echoplex at Oct 5, 2008,
I fuc[]king love that album, but Dave's voice just grates on my ears. Especially in Sweating Bullets.

That can be fixed be knocking the high frequencies off a bit, I think someone went to sleep on the mixer when they were mastering.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by Yngwi3
No irony there.

Check the wiki page TS.
I lol'd

no the irony is James Hetfield went into rehab somewhere around the time of st. anger
which makes the decision VERY ironic.
James Hetfield used to be in Megadeth, but he quit that band taking the drummer lars with him and together they formed slayer, who then after recruiting dave mustain disbanded after their bass player James was killed and lars and james joined Dave mustaines metallica. James Lars and James then took control of the band and fired James and Dave, then Dave created megadeth
pink floyd are better than you
I wish I could participate in this thread, however my head is constructed of bone, not the pre-requisite metal required for me to be classified as a metalhead and make my opinion valid
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
I wish I could participate in this thread, however my head is constructed of bone, not the pre-requisite metal required for me to be classified as a metalhead and make my opinion valid

Which therefore makes you a bonehead.

Checkmate.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by deathofagod
no the irony is James Hetfield went into rehab somewhere around the time of st. anger
which makes the decision VERY ironic.

For his alcoholism. Not his drug abuse.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Ahh, I remember the thread asking whether it was correct to say "Metallica is a band" or "Metallica are a band".

First post came up:

"Was".
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by Yngwi3
For his alcoholism. Not his drug abuse.

On St. Anger the statement was 'for alcohol and other non-disclosed addictions

edit: on some kind of monster...not st anger
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by CTFOD
I fucking love that album, but Dave's voice just grates on my ears. Especially in Sweating Bullets, and Symphony of Destruction. "You try to take his puh-uh-uulse!"

That's true, however I think he sounds l'awesome in the SoD-version that starts with the high singing.

For me the only songs that sounds off on that album is Ashes in your mouth.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Page 1 of 2