P           P     P                 P         P     P     P 

G|------------------------------------------|---------------------------------- 
D|--7--8--4--4--4--8--4--7--4/(3)/(4)--7/8--|--7--4/(3)/(4)--7--4--8--4--7-----
A|------------------------------------------|----------------------------------
 E|------------------------------------------|----------------------------------  

P           P     P        P        P                    ~~~~ 
G-------------------8--|--------------8------------------------------|---------
D--4/(3)/(4)--7--4-----|--8--4--7--4-----7--4--8--7--4--8------------|--------- 
A----------------------|-----------------------------------0--6>(8)--|-->(6)/-- 
E----------------------|---------------------------------------------|---------

I have almost the whole song memorized and clean and up to speed (I improvise here and there but that's due to choice rather than inability) But this lick is really giving me problems. Any tips?

Also, this whammy lick - i just can't make it sound right:

Point your trem bar backwards and hit it with your right hand on every + to 
  'play' the fretted note or simply depress the trem bar to sound the notes.   Each + 
means to depress the note by approx. 2 frets.     
 H         P         P         H   P      H    P      ~~~~~~        H    
+     +    +    +    +    +    +   +      +   +      +       +      + 
E|----------------------------------------|-------------------------|------ 
B|--18--(18)--17--(17)--15--(15)--17--15--|--18--17-------------17--|--18-- 
B|----------------------------------------|----------X--15----------|------ 
D|----------------------------------------|-------------------------|------ 
A|----------------------------------------|-------------------------|------ 
E|----------------------------------------|-------------------------|------

If I could get those two licks down, I'd be ready for my tryout for the talent show at school (not to toot my own horn, but SWTA will likely be the most "talent" kind of thing there.)
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
Last edited by AgentWiggles at Oct 5, 2008,
For the second lick, just make sure you're hitting the right notes and experiment with the whammy bar...I find when I karate chop my whammy bar I can get pretty close to the sound.

edit: And I don't think you have to point your bar backwards dude...
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
check out the swta lesson on youtube by the man himself
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by Sakattack75
check out the swta lesson on youtube by the man himself

I'll look for that, that would definitely help.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
OK, so I was watching that lesson - on the whammy lick it LOOKs like he's picking each not as he whammies it, so that's something to try. Not much clarity on the other tough lick.

Also - is he anchoring? It looks like it - here's the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sErcGctrwyc&feature=related
yeah, he is.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
If I remember correctly is he not using his pinky to fiddle with the tone/volume knobs rather than anchoring, it is on the whammy lick your talking about (sorry can't watch vid in work).

Also I wouldn't try and copy tabs note for note most of the time they're wrong in parts, you'll run into a whole list of problems. Again if I remember correctly for the first lick Joe says himself that he is improvising in C# phrygian (if it is the part I think it is, shortly after the pick flutter part). I sometimes use tabs if i'm stuck and don't know what scale is being used, I think it's best to use them to help figure out the scale then do the rest by listening to the record.