I have a Stiletto Elite-5 and want to lower the action a bit but also adjust intonation.

I cannot get the action any lower (the saddles are bottomed out, so i will be VERY GENTLY adjusting the truss rod. If anyone is aware of lower saddles, please let me know.

The bigger issue is intonation. I am dead-on with all strings others than G. It is flat when fretted at the 12th. I do not see any way to adjust intonation; the saddles are fixed.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.
Quote by IndianRockStar
If the Elite operates similarly to the Studio, you have to essentially guess where to place the saddle for the right intonation. Really stupid.

I don't see that the saddle moves at all. It is all fixed.
Quote by SkipII
I don't see that the saddle moves at all. It is all fixed.

Sorry, didn't explain well. You have to loosen the tension on the strings until it doesn't hold the saddle in place. Then you move the saddle to the appropriate location, and put the tension back up and check intonation.
Quote by IndianRockStar
If the Elite operates similarly to the Studio, you have to essentially guess where to place the saddle for the right intonation. Really stupid.

I win the stupid award today. I did not see the locking post set into the saddle at an angle. Bad eyesight.

Learn something new every day.

Thanks for help.
Quote by SkipII
I win the stupid award today. I did not see the locking post set into the saddle at an angle. Bad eyesight.

Learn something new every day.

Thanks for help.

Yeah it took me a while to figure out how that worked too. But it still is a stupid design, as it gives you no way to change the intonation while the bass is at tension.
Sorry to pester with such newbie stuff. but I m trying to figure out what control knobs do what. I can figure out volume well enough by tapping on the p/u, but not sure which tone knobs are matched to what pick-ups.

Thanks if you can help. Schecter has been unresponsive on three notes.
Of course the top one is volume, the one on the top to the right is a blend between the two pickups, but the other two aren't tone knobs, they're an active EQ, and they affect both pickups. One's bass, one's treble, can't remember exactly which one.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Of course the top one is volume, the one on the top to the right is a blend between the two pickups, but the other two aren't tone knobs, they're an active EQ, and they affect both pickups. One's bass, one's treble, can't remember exactly which one.

Thanks -- so, as I understand it, the one on top closet to the neck is a master volume, the other one on top essentially pans across the two pickups. Sounds like the bottom two attenuate high and low frequencies with the EQ applied to both pickups. Not sure I know the difference between a tone piot and EQ, other than a tone put merely attenuates frequencies, while the EQ actually tailors the band of frequencies. Correct?

Interesting approach. I'll have to play aroiund it it.