Now I've only been playing 7 monthes so dont get all up in my face if I somehow sound stupid

Would it be possible, to mod my Crate V18 to sound like a classic Marshall? Like change the speakers, preamp, poweramp, etc. I'm looking to get my specs close to this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-Vintage-Modern-2266-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=480772

So add like ECC83, KT66, and Greenbacks; would that sound like a Marshall?

^ Nevermind

Look at my question a couple replies down, about British Blues speakers, thanks.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Last edited by (Metal)lica at Oct 5, 2008,
u have no idea how complicated and deadly (literally) that is. ur basically rebuilding the amp from scratch.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Hmm, how would it sound with just greenbacks?
Quote by Le_Bunny

if you wanna hear how it sounds with greenbacks take it to a store that has a cab with greenbacks in it and plug your amp in it

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Well before I bought the amp I read reviews saying you need to replace the speaker because the stock ones suck. That being said I liked the Marshall tone so I thought about doing the whole Marshall setup.

So instead, because this is a British Blues amp, what would be a good British Blues to replace that would give me a lot better tone?
Quote by Le_Bunny

someone just posted something with a link to someone who got a cheap(er) tube amp, and modded the preamp to follow a more marshall schematic. A lot of preamps function the same way, so it could be as simple as comparing the two diagrams of the preamps and changing some resistor or adding/subtracting resistors....

of course this would be the best case scenario and of course you have the possibility of breaking your amp
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
It would be cool to make it more plexi like.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
someone just posted something with a link to someone who got a cheap(er) tube amp, and modded the preamp to follow a more marshall schematic. A lot of preamps function the same way, so it could be as simple as comparing the two diagrams of the preamps and changing some resistor or adding/subtracting resistors....

of course this would be the best case scenario and of course you have the possibility of breaking your amp

the lanely jcm 800 mod right?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
you do realize that you could kill yourself if you do something stupid, right?
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology