Esp
76 66%
Schecter
40 34%
Voters: 116.
Page 1 of 2
agree!!!
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
yeah i like schecter better, but if this all this thread is about you should of made it a poll
Ibanez FR Prestige (BKP'd out)
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412
Quote by helmsdeep48
how youz do dat?

its an option down on the bottom when ur making a new thread, but it doesnt really matter i guess
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412
Can't decide yet.. I own an ESP at the moment but im gonna buy a schecter soon..
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
jackson.
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
I like ESP, but the other day I played a really nice schecter. I like my ESP better though.
Last edited by mepmep at Oct 5, 2008,
Quote by HighPotency
Well ESP makes $4000 guitars. Schecters are all $999 or less.

haha, that doesnt mean the companies better
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412
Quote by HighPotency
Well ESP makes $4000 guitars. Schecters are all $999 or less.

If you're going with the custom shop, then yes, ESP does make $4000 guitars. Otherwise, most of them are under $1500.
Quote by helmsdeep48
NOT AN OPTION!!!, lol yeah they have nice ones 2

i've played a few models of all three, but i had to give my vote for esp. for some reason, schecter necks just don't feel comfortable to me. i've played an omen 1, 6, and 7. i've played a hellraiser, and syn's hellraiser, i've played a c1+, and a diamond. i just couldn't really get into them. my buddy had an old esp ec100 with some seymour duncans and it really wasn't bad. i was impressed by the high fret access along with the action for being a modestly priced guitar. and of course, seymours destroy emgs, sorry lol
Marshall MF350

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
ESP, purely because if you got the cash you can get the ultimate guitar. ESP's custom shop = EPIC.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by Tomo J O
ESP, purely because if you got the cash you can get the ultimate guitar. ESP's custom shop = EPIC.

i almost went that way over summer, i had a design in mind and all, but i ended up opting for the soloist because there isn't really much i would do to improve on it (that i haven't done already...) and it was 1/3 the price i was expecting to pay for the custom esp. i figure i'll build a custom guitar some day (i have plenty of ideas in mind) but if i do, it'll be through a luthier not a mainstream company. i want something that looks, sounds, and IS truly unique, not a cookie cutter model with a custom paint job
Marshall MF350

Quote by strat0blaster

It was pretty hardcore.
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
Can't decide yet.. I own an ESP at the moment but im gonna buy a schecter soon..

I'm sorry but, you own a LTD dude. Don't ever call a 50 series LTD a ESP again for f*** sake.

Anyway.

ESP > [ltd="Schecter"]
Oh .. sorry.. there's a lot of confusion about wether it's called ESP or LTD of LTD by ESP...
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Last edited by IKnowItsWrong at Oct 5, 2008,
it depends all on what you mean by 'ESP', the ESP LTD's?? or the ESP... ESP's?? lol

IMO 90% of Schecter's win over the LTD models, but ESP make some fine instruments above $2,000. But owning one of the high end Schecter Custom models, they are tied. Its all up to personal preference to color and shape
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
IMO Schecters = LTD's, since both are built in the same factories and have similar specs.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
aren't ltds and schecters made in the same factory or something like that?

i know the same guy owns both companies, atleast thats what wikipedia says
how has this thread not been reported?
im not going to, cuz i dont want to ruin the fun.
i think an $800 schecter is equal to an $800 ESP, at that point, the player has to decide which one suits them better.
but, ESP has more of a variety of guitars..i think.
Schecter Synyster Custom with gold pimp stripes is the hottest guitar i have ever seen
esp=metal
end of story
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by signedinbloodnz
+65482893

and
Schecter too i suppose.

what??!?! you think both jackson and schecter are good?? how is that even humanly possible. theyre completely different. well, i guess you can like both, but to me, they are opposites feel and tone wise, which are like almost everything when it comes to a guitar.

esp. they look cooler and feel cooler.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter's are cheaper than ESP's. Schecters have the same options at a lower price than LTD's. If i was going to get a custon model i would not have ESP make me one, because part of the cost goes towards their logo on your headstock and who wants a company's logo on your custom? And i live in Aus so I would get in touch with Ormsby
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
On the ESP/LTD debate I just call them ESP LTD's. They when ESP decides to make an entirely separate division and brand I'll start calling them strictly LTD's.
Now for ESP vs. Schecter.
ESP LTD's are made in the same exact factories at the Schecters, and are owned by the same person.
I have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Floyd Rose and a ESP LTD F-400fm. They're both really nice and play really well. But in my personal opinion my F-400 plays better and sounds better than my hellraiser.
No one bothers to mention Schecter custom shop guitars... Nice...

Asking a bunch of people to compare ESP custom shop guitars to Schecter stock Omens and Damiens is ****ing stupid...

So I'm going to say Schecter is better... Original Schecters are considered some of the best electric guitars ever made... By me included.

Quote by Jiro from GLAY
Half the people on this thread dont even know what a real ESP is. They probably think an LTD is an ESP.

The same can be said for Schecter, Kiddo!
Last edited by roshjosh at Oct 5, 2008,
ESP. Even though metal guitars are supposed to be flashy, inlays on the body edges are just tacky. ESP has the coolest sigs, too.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Yeeeah, most of you apparently have never seen a good old Schecter Strat. Those were some amazing guitars. Too bad their focus is now under $1k. But if you compare guitars of the same price by ESP (Or LTD) and Schecter, they're very very similar. Schecter's getting a little EMG-happy since the success of the Hellraiser, but they're still fantastic guitars.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
What kind of Schecters we talking about the US ones or the high end ones made only for the Japanese market?
Once I shaved them on a friends razor so when he picked it up he just goes "ARE THESE PUBES! OH MY GOD!" and starting beating the crap out of me.
Page 1 of 2