of course this can be done, and people have done it many different ways, from adding entire fuzz circuits to their guitars or those cheap little things from guitar fetish.

But i have a cheaper ibanez laying around, and I actually thought about adding another output jack to the guitar, and wire it to a pot. A stereo cable could take care of all three lugs.

But off course what can this do? I have built 3 different pedals. And im pretty sure that it would be possible to wire them to have another jack that runs to the guitar and back to the pedal.

Of course the biggest problem with this is of course, what if the pedals use different valued pots, and also another cable might get cumbersome... But if all you need is a three connection cable, you could easily make/obtain something thats much smaller and cheaper.

As for the pots, i dunno, i could having like a 500k and a 1meg pot and have them switchable... but not there yet, i think that this would just be something cool to do to a cheap guitar. Any thoughts or problems? And of course one of the points of this would be to be able to control different effects with a knob, depending on what effects you wanted to be able to adjust at the time...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
meh not to interesting? oh well im gonna see if i can plan thise out. And find some kinda cable and plug that can be used. I was thinking maybe a long thinner cable that could wrap around your guitar cable to its kept a little neater and more organized.

But if i do something like this i'll be sure to let everyone know how it turns out.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial