I am upgrading to a halfstack and reciving a Blue VooDoo Cab but not sure what head to go with! I have heard the Peavey Valve King is better then the Blue VooDoo head. Should I get the Valve King or save up the extra 200$ and buy the VooDoo?
I play lots of Death Metal and Hardcore
xGORILLAx
I would suggest looking at a Bugera 6260 or check out the used market for a Mesa (Mark or Recto) or a Peavey 5150
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
I would suggest looking at a Bugera 6260 or check out the used market for a Mesa (Mark or Recto) or a Peavey 5150

Yep.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Yes the bugera would be good. a mesa would be Great but thats costs you. the Laney protubes are great for metalish stuff but might not have enough gain for you much like a JCM800.

the Blue dodoo is a horrible don't do it.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Well you won't get much Death Metal on a Valveking. I would suggest getting a good Solid State Randall, if death metal is all you play.
I want a tube amp. Even if I changed the tubes in the VooDoo its garbage? The 5051's are tooooo expensive for me and Mesa's are a bit too much too.
xGORILLAx
Quote by xGORILLAx
I want a tube amp. Even if I changed the tubes in the VooDoo its garbage? The 5051's are tooooo expensive for me and Mesa's are a bit too much too.
xGORILLAx

have you looked for a used 5150/6505? theyr not always that expensive. and i agree with the other guy, solid state randall would be good if you just play death metal. btw, give us a price range
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
the Voodoo is Just Ok and even blues and will NOT do metal well at all.

save up a couple extra hundred and buy a 5150 combo for 600 bucks
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
^He just said a 5150's too expensive. At least I think that's what he meant.

B-52 Amps have been called a poor man's Mesa, look into the B-52 AT-100
Even though I am biased because I own one, the Peavey Ultra Plus is at least comparable to a 5150. The Ultra channel gets some really nasty crunch that is suitable for death metal, and the cleans are (in my opinion) better than a 5150.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Okay! Cool thanks guys! I was looking around and Rememberd... "OH MY GOD! THE WARHEAD!" I have been looking around and people have been getting them for like 600 bucks! Anyone know where I can get one or something like it?
xGORILLAx