http://www.musicianswebstore.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AD20SM&cat=1302
breedlove ad20sm 580 + tax is 660... + case so im guessing 700 total

i called walter's they said they would price match and give me a hard case with it...
is the guitar good for its price? i might have to pay more since they r swapping the included soft case with hard case
i also need to buy a tuner/humidifier/strings which can be done later

good guitar for its price? is it?
Last edited by ShootingStars at Oct 5, 2008,
If your budget is $700 look at a takamine.
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
If it's your just starting out you may want to go with something cheaper just in case playing guitar isn't for you.
Breedloves are great guitars. i still kick myself for not getting one (it was between the Acoustic and an MG. i stand by my choice, though)
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
This is an amazing guitar, but for a beginner, not everybody sticks with guitar once they start. This might be going a little bit over the top. but If you think that you will really be sticking with it, then it's a good investment.
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
pretty sweet, is this your first guitar? the price is a bit high, u might end up having a very expensive closet ornament.
D;
well, like if i dont play it ill kill myself for buying it,
i really wanna play some cool songs and learn chords and etc. it will be part of my life...
i play flute but i dont like it as much as i like guitar, guitar uses the hands which i prefer and u get more out of it when u practice unlike piano or flute

i hate piano. should i buy it
ShootingStars, please check your private messages.

On a side note, I also love guitar because it requires using the fingers instead of having to blow through the instrument.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
ok well you are a musician, so I would say that that would warrant such an expensive guitar. Most musicians can play a lot of other instruments to some degree. I just didn't want to recommend such an expensive guitar to someone who has no musical experience whatsoever
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
Quote by vodoochile
ok well you are a musician, so I would say that that would warrant such an expensive guitar. Most musicians can play a lot of other instruments to some degree. I just didn't want to recommend such an expensive guitar to someone who has no musical experience whatsoever

ive had musical experience...
i play flute, and visual piano (learn from midipiano; heres a piece of you wanna hear me play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuLm_r3wWjA). i play flute at high school (course and in band).
i tried guitar in grade 8 as a UNIT of the music subject... was pretty fun!
should i get this guitar?

edit: oops i misread the post haha
ok ill get this guitar! when i get it ill post pics.
Last edited by ShootingStars at Oct 5, 2008,
I would suggest even more than an hour. I played my Martin for 7 hours(split between two days) before I bought it. Make damn well sure that you're buying the right guitar. There's NOTHING worse than that feeling of "ohh crap.. i coulda bought that guitar over there"
Equipment:

Quote by Silverstein14
Have you played it yet? Don't jsut go in and drop the cash and take it. Spend a good hour playing it before buying it.

Remember, Try it before ya Buy it. Always.

ill play it before i buy, ill make sure ill play for as long as i can to see if i love it before parents get all pissy! (im 16)
haha, well my age isnt far off from yours. im gonna get my 3rd guitar next summer. the only reason i can buy a guitar almost every year is because I work summers. you might want to consider it too.
Equipment:

Quote by Silverstein14
I'm 16 aswell and I spent $1000 on my new guitar. My parents wanted me to get it.

haha seriously? my parents just heard the price and was like 600! HOLY $$$! im going to buy it anyways if i lkie it
Mine was $1700... and my next electric guitar + amp will probably run me about the same amount as well.
Equipment:

what is this... the brag about expensive guitar thread?

But really, if you're intending to stick with it, buy the best quality guitar you can.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
what is this... the brag about expensive guitar thread?

But really, if you're intending to stick with it, buy the best quality guitar you can.

thanks for the thought