i had some 10-52 D'addario strings on my beginners Jay Turser and i changed those strings for some 9-42 ernie ball's now i have horrible fret buzz on all my strings, all i changed was the strings

i had some factory strings on my epiphone studio les paul and i changed them for some D'addario 10-46 and now i have fret buzz on E and A and i cant get rid of it.
help me out

is there any way that the strings are the problem? will guitar shops fix truss rod issues if thats the problem?

that was the original post, ive raised and lowered the action a lot and i still have fret buzz problems, help

whats the truss rod?
Last edited by rhcp fan1645 at Oct 5, 2008,
lowering your action won't help. your truss rod probably needs to be loosened. fret the 3rd fret of any string and use your other hand's pinky to fret the 15th fret. then touch the string to the fret bar around the 9th fret or so. is there a gap between the string and the fret bar? or is the string flat against it?

if it's flat, your truss rod is too tight and you don't have enough relief in your neck. if there's a gap, you have too much relief and your neck is bowed
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
For the first problem, when you go to a lighter gauge of strings there is less tension on the neck, so the the neck tends to back bow. All you need to do is loosen your truss rod just a bit, and everything will probably be a ok.

For number two, try raising the bass side of your bridge a bit and see if that eliminates it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
why not post in your own thread?

what type of guitar is it?

you might need a fret dress
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Kevin Saale
For the first problem, when you go to a lighter gauge of strings there is less tension on the neck, so the the neck tends to back bow. All you need to do is loosen your truss rod just a bit, and everything will probably be a ok.

For number two, try raising the bass side of your bridge a bit and see if that eliminates it.

that's what i told him in his other thread.
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
O? I didn't realize he had another thread.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not