So, I want to buy a pedal or two today to complement what I have right now. I currently have a Epiphone Les Paul custom (the deluxe with the gold hardware I think) that I run into a Vox AD30VT. On the pedal side I have a Pi Big Muff (American), Dynacomp MXR comprssion (I don't like this much except with my acoustic), and a Rocktron Talkbox (kinda an impulse buy that I don't use much).

Anyways, I basically am just looking for something to add to my tone to give a nice full sound. The effects on the Vox are decent, however they still sound like generic effects in the end. That is why I sold me Line 6 pod XT live due to the fact that all the sounds didn't quite sound right. Of the pedals I own now, I like the way that the Muff sounds (possibly due to being analogue) but I'd kind of like something to add to the body of the tone (if that is descriptive enough). Obviously, tone is a very personal issue as are the components that make up the tone, so I'm not necessarily asking for suggestions (though I would take them) for specific pedals, but rather suggestions on what you guys would get next to augment your sound. It would be easier if I were into a specific genre as well but sadly I am not and like to play pretty much anything from 1950s to present. So any ideas?
You're using a modeling amp, so its honestly difficult to get great tone if you add pedals to the mix. i'd get a new amp.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
You're using a modeling amp, so its honestly difficult to get great tone if you add pedals to the mix. i'd get a new amp.

Well, I plan on doing that next summer but in the meantime I'd like to get something that I possibly could keep for a long time and use when I get a nice amp. I'm not (planning) on using it in a live setting anytime soon so it would be more for my own practice (in operating the pedal) and for 3am basement jam sessions after bar close.
Whats a good practice amp to use with pedals then?
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Generally Modellers don't take pedals well. You're looking at (although its beginning to be a cliche) a cheap valve combo or some exceptionally clean solid state like a Roland JC120, but god knows that might be too loud to practice with. Also, in answer to your pedal question, nothing moulds your sound more than an EQ pedal. The MXR 10 Band is highly regarded on here, and I think that it is a pedal that will never leave your rig.

What do you play?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Generally Modellers don't take pedals well. You're looking at (although its beginning to be a cliche) a cheap valve combo or some exceptionally clean solid state like a Roland JC120, but god knows that might be too loud to practice with. Also, in answer to your pedal question, nothing moulds your sound more than an EQ pedal. The MXR 10 Band is highly regarded on here, and I think that it is a pedal that will never leave your rig.

What do you play?

How do you properly use an EQ (other than fiddling with it to find that sweet spot). I mean, is there a good net primer or thread you would recommend to learn the basic theory of adjustments?