So i know i made a thread about getting a 5 string but the only place i could find a schecter was of ebay from america and the problem was that once it goes over 250 euro i have to VAT and duty so it just becomes to much. So then to tonight i ordered a cheap Jack and Danny jazz bass 5. So im intending to mod with some money left over. I was wondering if you all had any ideas for mods so far. My ideas so far are...

1. Defrett the whole bass, fortunatly there's a new thread on diy defreeting so that'll help.

2. Its in tobacco sunburst from what i can see so im going to add a white pickguard OR sand it down so the natural alder is showing through and add a tort pickguard and Jazz control plate.

3. rewire it ive come up with two options so far 1. a two volume two tone and series\parrellel switching. 2. Master volume, blend, tone or another double tone there. Any other ideas.

4. Eitheir get a pair of nordstrand JB5 pickups or have a go at rewinding the stock pickups. Any ideas on ways to wire them and tutorials.

5. add a leo quan badass V bridge.

Any other ideas or changes i could do. Is this a ridiculos idea.
Thanks
Sam
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Get EMG's instead, and go with volume, blend, 3 band EQ, may the EMG BQC System.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Um i dont think emg's will fit in jazz pickup holes im going for a classic look. And Anyways i dont like Emgs greatly Im more of a passive pickup man.

Also i like the idea of a 3 band Eq but it has to be able to fit in four holes only ie The jazz control plate. Yet preamps are sort of pricey and i dont have that much money to spend. thanks
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
The BQC system comes in both 4 hole and 5 hole versions. EMG also makes jazz pickups, I dunno if they make a passive one though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkOCNwmapt0

There's an example of an EMG jazz pickup tone. Enjoy.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
^ he said he prefers passives, and that he wants to keep the classic look. Plus BQCs are like $150, and he said he doesn't have much money

So, for your idea TS. Remember that to get 4 knobs you'll have to drill a new hole for the input jack. Unless that bass you're getting is already like that (I've never even heard of the company). I'd go with the blend knob. Much quicker and easier to adjust the volume and still keep the same balance between the pups. As for pups, I don't know what in the construction separates cheap, crap pickups from really good ones. So whether or not the only problem with the stock pups is the wire is going to determine my recomendation. Though, you could always make your own from scratch.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Thanks Kugel At the moment i have a 100 to spend the only problem is that a white pickguard will set me back 30 so thats what. So im thinking Master volume, Blend, tone and maybe a series parrallel switch would be awesome i think just to give some boost.

Does any body have any ideas on rewiring my pickups. Do cheap ass pickup parts have a difference from more expensive pickup parts. Any one no any tutoarials.
Thanks for the replys.
Sam
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul