i was just curious.

personally, i just got plain fed up with guitar companies, plain and simple. charging through the nose for stuff that costs them 500$ to make (Gibson), their lack of options for lefties (every single company out there), you have to order through a custom shop for certain specs.

so what about you guys?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
At first I wanted a strat and my dad and I decided to make the body and buy the neck (not realizing that mahgony would affect the tone) tat turned out really good. I built an acoustic kit than wanted a floyd rose strat with an ebony fingeboard and 3 humbuckers also 22 frets I didn't want 21. Now I won't even buy a guitar and I'm selling the ones I make.
I don't have the money..

*cries*
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by Øttər
Perry Ormsby.

this +38475329845
why? well i dont know, maybe his extremely nice shark guitar( the one on project guitar)

or well, any of his builds.

also., becuase i would take more pride in playing my instrument if i built it myself
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
UG in general got me into building guitars, i saw so many cool mods and stuff that I had to try it myself.
i wanted a guitar to my own specs..
now the only thing stopping me is money
Although for i'm in the making of a half sized SG using cheap pine wood i found in the shed
Yeah the woods shit, but i really need practice with tools.
I dont build instruments but i do make pedals. Most of the stuff i make doesn't get off the breadboard because it either ****s up or sounds like crap.

I've always had an interest in electronics and in guitar. I put two and two together and now im building pedals

Ormsby sparked an intrest in building guitars but its just too damn expensive. Teenager + Australia = Poor
Last edited by Final !mpact at Oct 6, 2008,
Well at first it was the stupidity of thinking I could build one for cheaper than I could buy one (this is definatly not true for a first guitar built in England)

this section really got me into the idea, and I started asking questions here, and over at PG

and the biggest inspiration for it was Calums double neck project, it blew me away as a first project and I figured I could do it as well, it wouldnt be that hard... lol

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I hate being the same as everyone else or having the same thing as everyone else. Also, I wanted a guitar that I would've needed a custom shop to make anyway. And I've got a good amount of experience with woodworking.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Buying guitars just doesnt do it for me anymore. Building is much more gradifying.

Cheers!
Surf Rock the World

'Shark Bait'
Coming soon.
Quote by guitarcam123
i wanted a guitar to my own specs..
now the only thing stopping me is money
Although for i'm in the making of a half sized SG using cheap pine wood i found in the shed
Yeah the woods shit, but i really need practice with tools.

pines actually a good tonewood it just dents easilly
Quote by 420 FREAK
pines actually a good tonewood it just dents easilly

This is true. Most people are under the impression that nobody uses pine because it is cheap and really its because its hard to work with.

I think Leo made some of his telecasters out of pine.

Cheers!
Surf Rock the World

'Shark Bait'
Coming soon.
Quote by Øttər
Perry Ormsby.

+1
And I thought it would be cool. Ever since I started, I can't stop.
(LOL that is if mods to manufactured guitars count)

Ormsby guitars are so inspiring!
I agree with the Ormsby stuff, makes it seem very easy, its hard to think that outside these boards very few people in the UK know about it.

Apart from that, before I started using UG I always liked woodwork, and the idea of playing something I made seems nice. Even if it will play crap.
Quote by RazzRocket
This is true. Most people are under the impression that nobody uses pine because it is cheap and really its because its hard to work with.

I think Leo made some of his telecasters out of pine.

Cheers!

If you get a piece without many knots or with no knots where your routing it's easy to work with. The biggest problem is that it isn't hard enough for production guitars. It's not a long shot for someone to drop it and have a chunk come out or have it dented up a week after they got it. But it has great sound and if your into the relic thing that could be a plus too.
Quote by carousel182
UG in general got me into building guitars, i saw so many cool mods and stuff that I had to try it myself.

Same here. I haven't built a guitar yet (no money for tools), but I have started in on electronics, which is easier to get into.

Also have a neck and body from the GFS sale that I need to put together. Just haven't had the money for the bits and bobs.

I really want to make a guitar though.