My friend is looking for a good amp at around £100.

It's not for gigging or recording or anything, really just for bedroom practice. He's looking for a metal/shred tone (though he's getting an OD pedal so the amp's own gain isn't too important).

Can anyone recommend one? He's looking at an MG right now and I'm aware of that bad press surrounding them but would it be ok just for practicing?
do not get the mg, get a roland cube those are great for practice
line 6 spider 30 watt
do go over 30 watt cauz this is not good
but under its okay
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
i'd get a roland cube 30 and skip the od pedal...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If he saved up another 50 pounds he could get a Roland Cube 30X
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd get a roland cube 30 and skip the od pedal...

This.

Or possibly a Peavey Bandit with the OD.
With 25? pounds more, you could get a Fender Vibro-Champ.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."