Death Metal band from Beirut, Lebanon. Basically one of the biggest bands in Lebanon at the moment.

They have a very classic DM sound to them, nice thick, crunchy music with some pretty badass riffage and lead. Definitely one of the better bands out there that I actually stumbled upon at Virgin Megastore (where I work) and didn't realize that their rhythm guitarist works right across from me.

Give them a listen and say what you're thinking.
Cheers.

http://www.myspace.com/wwillow
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Shameless bump. They also might be getting a record deal with Housecore. Anybody know anything about this label? I know Phil Anselmo is on it...
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Its Phils label...
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Oh. I assume that's pretty decent then...
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Not really. He signs shit.
Well give them a listen to, I guess. They're really good.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
Well give them a listen to, I guess. They're really good.

I am but Myspace is being a FUKKING KUNT... so far though it just sounds like basic death metal... nothing special.

I guess it excites you more because you have a band like this in your country which is not known for its scene.
Yeah Myspace is shitting out with me as well.

Yeah, I already said it's pretty classic Death Metal. I like them a lot because they're easy to listen to, and their lyrics are pretty good. Their Mentally Decayed album is a concept album about a street that separates the "good side" from the "bad side" and a man on the good side is looking across the street at the bad side and the lyrics in the songs are everything he's seeing. The last song on the album is people finding him dead in his room by hanging himself because of all the things he'd seen.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
Yeah Myspace is shitting out with me as well.

Yeah, I already said it's pretty classic Death Metal. I like them a lot because they're easy to listen to, and their lyrics are pretty good. Their Mentally Decayed album is a concept album about a street that separates the "good side" from the "bad side" and a man on the good side is looking across the street at the bad side and the lyrics in the songs are everything he's seeing. The last song on the album is people finding him dead in his room by hanging himself because of all the things he'd seen.

Don't know why but that kinda reminded me of the book "I am legend" which is a cool book even though I hate vampire shit.

Don't know why it reminded me of that.

Maybe because the lead character is the only "good" left in society and he has to battle "the bad" on his street everyday.
Yeah it's the same sort of concept but without the battles
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Metal?Lebanon? Lies...I have to check this out. The bassist even has the same name as me

Naturally this might excite Firenze and myself because virtually no metal scene exists in Lebanon(from what I've seen atleast).
Last edited by \Powerslave/ at Oct 20, 2008,
Haha, there is a metal scene but it's freaking tiny...like, TINY. There's too much of this trance and techno crap happening to be honest.

Resurrected this for The Mantipede to check out.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Waay too much trance to be honest. When I went that's what erveryone was listening to, even my grandfather a little bit...
Yeah, it's annoying isn't it? The little trance punks are getting arrested for dancing on the streets

Powerslave, are you originally Lebanese by the way?
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Yes, my parents moved to America when I was 3. I've been there twice since. Back during the war with Israel (stayed half a summer) and just this past Summer.

Metal-Archives lists around 15 other Lebanese bands. Any others worth checking out?
Kaoteon - Extreme Black Metal (they were arrested once during the whole Satanism crunches in Lebanon cause cops thought their name meant "Satan Worshippers")

Kimaera - Doom/Death Metal

Blaakyum - Heavy Metal (they were one of the original Lebanese Metal bands)

Element 26 - Thrash Metal

Oath to Vanquish - Tech Death/Grind and some Black Metal

Dethroned - Doom Metal (sloppy live but DAMN their keys player is fine)

Ayat - Black Metal (these guys have got serious issues against the Muslim religion. They've got a song called [this is English translation of course] The Prophet is a Murdering, Raping Coward )

Damaar - (Destruction in Arabic) Black Metal
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
arab metal is the best \\m// \\m// check out jorzine.com for more info about arabian metal
Quote by Firenze
Kaoteon - Extreme Black Metal (they were arrested once during the whole Satanism crunches in Lebanon cause cops thought their name meant "Satan Worshippers")

Kimaera - Doom/Death Metal

Blaakyum - Heavy Metal (they were one of the original Lebanese Metal bands)

Element 26 - Thrash Metal

Oath to Vanquish - Tech Death/Grind and some Black Metal

Dethroned - Doom Metal (sloppy live but DAMN their keys player is fine)

Ayat - Black Metal (these guys have got serious issues against the Muslim religion. They've got a song called [this is English translation of course] The Prophet is a Murdering, Raping Coward )

Damaar - (Destruction in Arabic) Black Metal

Don't really have to translate for me too much, I can understand Arabic when written with English letters fairly well. Although, I cannot read or write it. I've actually heard Kaoteon and Ayat a bit.