Page 1 of 3
I dont know anyone who's a great athlete and a great musician at the same time.

Most of my serious musician friends all suck at sports (including me). Some of them can play sports but aren't good. My athelete friends: most of them dont have sense of rhytm, some of them play guitar to impress girls (they fail and all stink).

So Pit, are you/do you know someone who is a great athlete and a passionate musician at the same time?

By passionate, I mean someone who really loves music.
yo mommas a great athlete in the bedroom!.. and we make sweet music there!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

One of the detroit red wings has a band that he sings and plays guitar in. Nothing amazing but it's a pretty respected band in detroit. It think it's Macarty but I cant be sure.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
jeff ament from pearl jam i believe got a scholarship from a small school to play basketball in college... wayman tisdale is a former NBA player who has release multiple solo albums... shannon hoon was a pretty good football player in HS as well
Fender Jaguar Bass
Crate BT100
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Pi Big Muff
Behringer Bass Flanger

you know you're a bassist when...

you wake in the morning and your bass is in the bed and your girlfriend is on the floor
Of course you can. The drummer of the band I started in high school was known in the area for being an excellent drummer and he was also one of the most athletic people I've ever met.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
i used to be a great athlete untill i found music and now im horrible at sports
Bass:
2008 Fender MIA Precision Bass
2006 Fender MIM Jazz bass
Amp:
Fender rumble 60
Effects:
Boss bass Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Refurb

MUSE
RADIOHEAD
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERSMy inspirations
Last time I played football I threw up,
and that was before I started smoking.
Exercise is not my friend.
oh and craig terrell from the seattle seahawks has a band too (sorry for the double post)
Fender Jaguar Bass
Crate BT100
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Pi Big Muff
Behringer Bass Flanger

you know you're a bassist when...

you wake in the morning and your bass is in the bed and your girlfriend is on the floor
Quote by Scumbag1792
Well he doesn't play sports but he does do two things at once.
I don't know how he does it but Will Ferrell finds time to act in movies and still play drums for the Red Hot Chili Peppers!

Yes!
I suck at sports and probably suck at guitar too. I lose.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
inb4shaq'srapping
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
its not impossible, but it is uncommon.
the thing about being an athelete at school is that it pretty much monopolizes all of your free time where you could be practicing an instrument.
Quote by Scumbag1792
Well he doesn't play sports but he does do two things at once.
I don't know how he does it but Will Ferrell finds time to act in movies and still play drums for the Red Hot Chili Peppers!

Lol. So true
Bass:
2008 Fender MIA Precision Bass
2006 Fender MIM Jazz bass
Amp:
Fender rumble 60
Effects:
Boss bass Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Refurb

MUSE
RADIOHEAD
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERSMy inspirations
Quote by Tatersalad1080
inb4shaq'srapping

Musician was the key word.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Its partly true, George Lynch had to stop body building because his muscles got extremely rigid and he couldn't play a solo that lasted for more than 30 seconds because it automatically hurt his hands. But hey! John Petrucci is a beast body builder these days and he shreds like hell still.
Steve Harris was a good footballer and played for West Ham. He could have gone further if he didn't form Iron Maiden (thank god he did!) And yeah, I'd say he loves music..
signature
Quote by Devopast
One of the detroit red wings has a band that he sings and plays guitar in. Nothing amazing but it's a pretty respected band in detroit. It think it's Macarty but I cant be sure.

Yaa Darren MacCarthy(think thats how u spell it) he isn't on detroit anymore, i dont think he plays hockey in the NHL anymore. The bands name is Grinder.
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I absolutely love music, I'm in a band and taking AP music theory, I'm also a varsity runner for XC, Indoor and Outdoor track as well as the captain. I run a 4:30 mile, a 17:02 5k a 54 second 400 and a 2:01 800. I mean I love playing guitar, I spend most of my time not running playing guitar or piano or something. Then I stay up late and do my AP english and gov hhomework.

Edit
QUOTE]

its not impossible, but it is uncommon.
the thing about being an athelete at school is that it pretty much monopolizes all of your free time where you could be practicing an instrument.

Yeah, it does monopolize most of my free time. But I run which in a lot of ways is less time consuming than some other sports.

edit edit
I'm also in choir.

I'm a pretty good athlete. and I devote a great deal of time to music, but I think that's partially because 2 of my classes in school revolve around music. 3 hours a day right there.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Oct 5, 2008,
The time you need to dedicate to being very good at each one cancels out the other. There's plenty of musicians who could have played sports but had to choose between one or the other as a full-time thing.
I'm not really an athlete, but I do work out a few days each week. SO I guess I'm like a body-builder-bassist. o_O
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Who made that rule?

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by Devopast
Musician was the key word.

Vocals are an instrument. Macho Man Randy Savage lays down some dope rhymes to and I remember a story about Wayne Rooney getting a guitar and one of Oasis signed it with abuse because they are City fans. Though I think I remember another story where he quit because it was too hard and wanted to learn drums.
I love to surf, does that count.

I also went rock climbing the other day.

I'm basically good with any sport that doesn't involve balls.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Jaco Pastorius was known more about his athleticism in his younger than his bass playing.

That's how he got his nickname - it was originally spelled Jocko, since he was a big Jock.

Also, I think Billy Corgan played in the Little League World Series.
Quote by Freddedonna

The same thread was mas 9 minutes before yours.

9 fucking minutes...

Can you be anymore pedantic? Jesus...the man didn't see the thread, let him be.
I played for a profesional football (soccer) team up until the age of 16 when injury forced me to retire i then took up guitar and now am studying for a degree in music and have played in many bands. but yeah i think it's uncommon...
rod stewart was a soccer player
-Why do hunters need bullets that can pierce through bulletproof vests?
-Do I really have to spell this out for you?What if a bunch of punk kids go into the woods and strap a bulletproof vest on a bear?Then whatve you got?Invincible bears (wkuk)
Yngwie Malmsteen.

Too harsh?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Page 1 of 3