I've been reading about the Zero Resistance tremolos Ibanez has in their S series guitars. I've been wanting to replace the lo-pro in my RG7620 for a while now and I've been wondering if I could install a ZR 7 string trem in it.
Anyone know anything about this? If you can?
Or any advice on what I should do would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Well thanks, that site helped alot.
I was thinking about swapping out the lo-pro for an edge-pro, but that site says you can't. And the ZR looks like it wouldn't go so well either. I guess I'll just deal with the lo-pro and see what I can do with it.
Quote by Wingate
Well thanks, that site helped alot.
I was thinking about swapping out the lo-pro for an edge-pro, but that site says you can't. And the ZR looks like it wouldn't go so well either. I guess I'll just deal with the lo-pro and see what I can do with it.
You'll be hard-pressed to find a bridge better than the LoPro. Edge Pro sure isn't it - it's equal at best. All the principal useful features of the EP, the LP has, toss in the locking studs for the LP, and quality is similar on both, and you get a clear winner. Or at least I get a clear winner.

Hypothetically swapping a LoPro for a ZR is like replacing a surgical scalpel with an electric bread knife.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
To be honest it'd probably be a lot more worth your time and money to just buy an S7320.
If you aren't planning on doing any of the body mods for it yourself it'd probably be more cost effeciant too.
a guy over on PG has done this on an RG.....

Click
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT