hey dudes,

a few days ago we stumbled across this thing and couldn't find a proper solution to it.
a friend plays an active bass through a multi-effectpedal and had it plugged in into the passive input of my amp. we then pondered, if it is right to plug it into passive or active input.

i said it has to be the active one because it's an active bass
he said it has to be the passive one because there's an effect-pedal between bass and amp

we tried both and couldn't hear a difference between both versions.
what is right then? is it a must to plug an active bass into the active input? does it matter at all? or does it destroy the amp if i plug it into the passiv input?

thanks in advance
SFU
Quote by six-feet-under
hey dudes,

a few days ago we stumbled across this thing and couldn't find a proper solution to it.
a friend plays an active bass through a multi-effectpedal and had it plugged in into the passive input of my amp. we then pondered, if it is right to plug it into passive or active input.

i said it has to be the active one because it's an active bass
he said it has to be the passive one because there's an effect-pedal between bass and amp

we tried both and couldn't hear a difference between both versions.
what is right then? is it a must to plug an active bass into the active input? does it matter at all? or does it destroy the amp if i plug it into the passiv input?

thanks in advance
SFU
?!?!?! you plugged a bass into your guitar amp /fail
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I don't think it'll destroy the amp.

I believe instruments with active pickups go into the passive input (because active pickups are higher gain than passive pickups) but perhaps the active input makes the EQ active? You might want to try that out.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??