Page 1 of 4
So I just went to the movies and decided to watch 'Religulous' (Ridiculous + Religious, obviously). It was hilarious, but mostly I loved the part where they talked about the truth about religion. Oh wait.. That was the whole movie... and I agree completely with it. . Best documentary ever created.
morgan freeman wasn't in it, didn't see it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Ya I saw that last night. I loved it, and completely agree with it.
Bill Maher made a persuasive documentary to tell people who found faith in SOMETHING that they are wrong. Which is the worst thing I could even think of.
Quote by SillyRabit
Bill Maher made a persuasive documentary to tell people who found faith in SOMETHING that they are wrong. Which is the worst thing I could even think of.

Shut up. Faith is for pussies.
I fear this will turn into a an athesistvsmonotheist debate/rant/bashing thread
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I'm going to see it with my GF soon.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by SillyRabit

Have you seen it? It is suppose to fair well with religious people or those who think prosecution of religion is wrong.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
I'm really tired of people telling me how stupid I am for being religious. **** off.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
Faith is for pussies.

I would sig this but that goes against my personal beliefs. But just as well!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Well, the internet is the best way to complain am I right? Go ahead.
All I'm sayin' is I believe a mutant hamster by the name of Flagga'noth created the universe and we should all convert to the religion that should not be repeated by the non-repeatable prophet in the name of Gozazlesnarp, Amen.
I can't wait to see this movie.

Was it really biased? I mean, I want to see it for myself and make my own judgements, but did Maher do a good job or did he just spout off Atheistic ideals the whole hour and a half?

Don't get me wrong, I'm Atheist myself, but I don't like elitist Atheists. I've seen several Maher interviews and he seemed very biased and elitist in those.

Arguing religion really has no point. You'll think they're wrong no matter what they say and they'll think that you're wrong no matter what you say. It's pointless. The only time I think that religions should be questioned is when they put someone's life or personal liberties in danger.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by NorfIrIon
I'm really tired of people telling me how stupid I am for being religious. **** off.

Yea I agree with this, but also I hate when religious people go around telling people they're going to hell for not believing in God. It's a two way street, and people need to learn how to shut up and let people choose their own beliefs.
Quote by NorfIrIon

+10000000
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
Quote by SillyRabit

Wow. You know who made it. That seems to be the only thing you know about the film.
Back up your idiotic comments with some facts next time.
isn't it only on limited release? i was pumped for it to come out on friday but then it wasn't in the movie listings.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
Shut up. Faith is for pussies.

Faith is different then being religious, faith is believing in something that is benificial, ie I have faith that on tuesday I will pass my biology test. Were talking about religious, not faith.
Quote by Graveworm
You're a racist.

and pray,tell what in this thread led you to that conclusion?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
It was like a humorous elephant sitting on a banana with cheese slices balanced in a perfectly symmetrical triangle of epileptical power. In other words.. Simply amazing.
Quote by Captain Insano
Citizen Kane < All.

citizen kane was overrated
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Bill Maher is the devil!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Bill Maher is the devil!

No.
he is merely one of my pawns...
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
I'm sorry but a lot of you need to shut the **** up. I'm not a religious person but I'm getting sick of this "Religion is the root of all evil" bull shit. Just because one sect of a church is full of horrible people doesn't mean the whole religion is. What I find funny is I bet you all go about saying you're open minded and you accept people for who they are. What a load of crap. If you all were really open minded you'd accept the fact that a lot people are religious. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.
Quote by RaveRock
I'm sorry but a lot of you need to shut the **** up. I'm not a religious person but I'm getting sick of this "Religion is the root of all evil" bull shit. Just because one sect of a church is full of horrible people doesn't mean the whole religion is. What I find funny is I bet you all go about saying you're open minded and you accept people for who they are. What a load of crap. If you all were really open minded you'd accept the fact that a lot people are religious. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.

You just royally pwned.
Quote by RaveRock
PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.

Which is also a very good Testament album.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
and pray,tell what in this thread led you to that conclusion?

because!

DragonForce was formed in 1999 from the remnants of the band Demoniac under the name of DragonHeart, but they changed their name to DragonForce before releasing any commercial albums due to possible issues with Brazilian band Dragonheart. Their career began with the publishing of their early songs on the first incarnation of MP3.com, claiming the top of the site's heavy metal charts. The hit song "Valley of the Damned" reached over 500,000 downloads in the first few months. Two of the original members, Steve Williams and Steve Scott, left the band to form the power metal outfit Power Quest. Sam Totman also started a side project called Shadow Warriors featuring himself and ZP Theart. Sam has confirmed many times that Herman Li was not involved with Shadow Warriors.

The band's first successful song was "Starfire" off of their debut album, Valley of the Damned. It was most noted because it starts off with a light piano intro, which is atypical among DragonForce songs. DragonForce have released four studio albums and toured extensively while supporting Helloween, W.A.S.P. and Iron Maiden. Their 2005 tour in support of the Sonic Firestorm album included support from Angra and Mendeed during their passage through the UK. On October 28, 2005 bassist Adrian Lambert announced his departure from the band in order to focus more time on raising his young son[6] Less than a month after Lambert's departure, on November 23, 2005, DragonForce were signed to Roadrunner Records in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Australia and New Zealand, who released their third studio album, Inhuman Rampage on January 9, 2006. Lambert was replaced in 2006 by Frédéric Leclercq, who was made an official member after a performance on tour.

The song "Through the Fire and Flames" is featured in the video game Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock and is generally considered to be the hardest track in the Guitar Hero series[7]. The developers used the song to demonstrate the game at E3. After Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock was released, the band's music sales reportedly increased dramatically.[8] Their song being featured in the game has successfully placed the band into mainstream performances.

A new DragonForce album, titled Ultra Beatdown was released on August 26, 2008. This will be followed by an extensive North American tour through October with Turisas and then followed by a tour of Australia and the UK.

July 4th saw the release of DragonForce's first single from the new album, "Heroes of Our Time", released only on their MySpace page; however, it is also available on iTunes. The video for it was released on the band's official YouTube channel on July 9.

and that is why you are a racist.

EDit; it is only a joke.
Last edited by Graveworm at Oct 5, 2008,
Quote by Graveworm
because!

*wall of text*
and that is why you are a racist.

No my son, that is why you are a troll, and a sad, mediocre one at that, Mr.CopyPasta
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
No my son, that is why you are a troll, and a sad, mediocre one at that, Mr.CopyPasta

It was only a joke.

Don't be an asshole.
Last edited by Graveworm at Oct 5, 2008,
Quote by ShaunDiel
Wow. You know who made it. That seems to be the only thing you know about the film.
Back up your idiotic comments with some facts next time.

I've watched Bill Mahers career for a long time and have seen most things he has done. I've never been a huge fan but for some reason listened to what he was saying rarely taking any of it in at all.

I know what the movie is what other facts do you want me to bring up? That was a dumb comment dewd.

I'm just saying that its an evil thing to put people down and attempt to tell them that 'your' opnion is right and they're wrong haha make a persuasive movie tell a joke cut the scene so you look like a smart ass wow no ones ever seen a Michael Moore movie type.

And to do this to put down people who found 'faith' in something no matter what it is is dumb. I have religious beliefs but don't think my religion is superior to anyone elses. I think its good for people to find faith in something no matter what it is. And that faith is what is going to drive them.
Quote by Graveworm
It was only a joke.

Don't be an asshole.

sorry bout taht

with the amount of trolls these forums have seen, one can't help but to be paranoid and scrutinize each statement
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
You guys can mock me for being religious all you want (I'm not some religious nut, most people who know me probably would never guess I'm religious), but honestly, what's with people and hating religion all of the sudden. It seems that being religious is the most sinful thing you can do nowadays, but how does it hurt anyone? Some religious leaders may do some horrible things in the name of their god, and many people will follow them, but if you think that represents religion as a whole, then you are truly ignorant.

I am Lutheran. I am Libertarian. I am pro-choice. I believe in gay rights. I studied and believe in evolution. I have NEVER told anyone to believe what I believe. Religulous obviously has no respect for other people, and somehow gets away with preaching it's own beliefs.

Yeah, I've seen what you've seen. People dressed up as Jesus and yelling in the streets, I've studied European history and all the religious wars, I've studied Calvinists and Puritans and the terrible things they forced upon people who disagreed with them. That is NOT religion. It may be what you hear about, but Christianity is NOT about preaching or killing people, in fact it's about the opposite. I've been taught to be respectful to other faiths, to not hurt anyone for any reason, and I would like to say that I'm very reasonable.

I do not dress up ans Jesus and yell in the streets because I do not have some form of mental illness, I just believe what I believe, and I wish filmmakers, the media, and society would stop being so hypocritical and leave me be.

I've seen Religulous and I can say it's about as funny as calling a middle-easterner a terrorist because he's muslim. Which, if you didn't know, isn't funny at all.
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
______________________███████████████████
Quote by SillyRabit
I've watched Bill Mahers career for a long time and have seen most things he has done. I've never been a huge fan but for some reason listened to what he was saying rarely taking any of it in at all.

I know what the movie is what other facts do you want me to bring up? That was a dumb comment dewd.

I'm just saying that its an evil thing to put people down and attempt to tell them that 'your' opnion is right and they're wrong haha make a persuasive movie tell a joke cut the scene so you look like a smart ass wow no ones ever seen a Michael Moore movie type.

And to do this to put down people who found 'faith' in something no matter what it is is dumb. I have religious beliefs but don't think my religion is superior to anyone elses. I think its good for people to find faith in something no matter what it is. And that faith is what is going to drive them.

Go see the movie or at least read something about it. Religious people enjoy the movie, Bill Maher has said this himself.

The movie doesn't try to change your religion or brainwash you, it's just his opinion.
It doesn't poke fun at people that believe or have faith, it doesn't even really take sides. It's just his interpretation of it.

The movie is him making a point and he's said that half the reason he decided to do it, was to help others who share his opinion stand up and not be ashamed of it.
It doesn't try to make others like him, it shows both sides of it.
Quote by Aus-10
How many Christian movies do you see that poke fun at atheism?

+68,787,984,949,836,385,896

Quote by ShaunDiel
Go see the movie or at least read something about it. Religious people enjoy the movie, Bill Maher has said this himself.

The movie doesn't try to change your religion or brainwash you, it's just his opinion.
It doesn't poke fun at people that believe or have faith, it doesn't even really take sides. It's just his interpretation of it.

The movie is him making a point and he's said that half the reason he decided to do it, was to help others who share his opinion stand up and not be ashamed of it.
It doesn't try to make others like him, it shows both sides of it.

Since being atheist is so controversial? Throughout my life I've been mocked for being religious (6th grade to now), and I haven't seen ONE atheist be criticized or ANYTHING like that.
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

______________________███████████████████
Last edited by LgLagro at Oct 5, 2008,
Page 1 of 4