I borrowed my guitarist's POD X3 for a while, and while I was fiddling with it, I found that the tube screamer model gave a good bit of natural sounding overdrive while retaining a lot of bass. The question is, would it still do that with the actual stomp box? Would it be worth buying for bass use? I always needed a stomp box for boosts but the MXR M-80 and the Sansamp bass drivers sound too artificial to me. You you recommend the screamer as a decent bass boost?

Btw, I'm undecided between and Ibanez SRX705 5 stringer and a Schecter Stiletto Studio 5, recommendations? Thanks again, bass forum.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I know I have to eventually, just wanted to know for now. I have GAS so bad it's almost blueballing me.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
That would be really cool if it works well on bass (ie retains low end). It might, it might not. But if it does, that would be pretty awesome.

Also, whether or not you think it works well on bass, I think I speak for everyone when I say GIVE US RECORDINGS OF IT!!!
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
^ awesome dude. can't wait to hear it! when do think you'll be able to borrow it?
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
i have tried my Tube Screamer (TS9DX on the Original TS9 setting to be exact) on my stingray before and it actually sounded good. It gave me an Entwistle-like tone and definitley kept the low frequencies in tack.