Any body have settings they can share to get your XXX to sound more like a triple rectifier? I have been playing a lot of alter bridge lately, and love that boogie sound, but my settings are all screwy.

Amp: XXX 60W combo, using EL34 power tubes.
Axe: ESP EC-1000, EMG 60 & 81.

SInce I don't have the budget to get a mesa, any suggestions on how I can play with the amp settings or oreamp tubes to get a more mesa sound?

Thanks in advance!
Member #78 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

Originally Posted by Gibson_Rocker13
why the hell would you worship satan if hes gunna torture the **** out of you.
Can you swap the el34s for 6l6s? If so, I'd start there. Maybe drop into the xxx and ultra thread, use the search bar to find it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I just ran across www.grailtone.com some of these sample settings will be fun to try I'm sure.
I do have my 6L6's still, so now that I know what I am looking for maybe I will try the old tubes again, see how they sound. Although I replaced them on good recommendation!

Thanks for the heads up on the thread. I used different search terms and what do you know, there it is! Trove of knowledge there.

Any other suggestions?
Member #78 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

Originally Posted by Gibson_Rocker13
why the hell would you worship satan if hes gunna torture the **** out of you.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Can you swap the el34s for 6l6s? If so, I'd start there. Maybe drop into the xxx and ultra thread, use the search bar to find it.

couldnt of said it better myself!..(6l6's)

oh yeah..and put v-30's in that beast and you'll be a happy camper!
Switch the damping switch to Loose, Use the Ultra channel Turn the bass to 2:30, mids at 1:15, and the treble some where between 12:00 and 2:00. Trun the master volume up to atleast 3:00 and use your preamp volume to adjust the amp volume. This setting should get you in the ball park, the Triple XXX are vocied slightly different the the rectifiers, they can get a similar tone, personaly I think the Peaveys sound better althoung the Rectifiers are a little more versatile. I am using EL-34s as well, it gets the tone I am looking for.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Also, try the settings thread.........!
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.