So i finally got an amp, specifically a Fender Frontman 212R.

The big factor for getting this was because it's Fender, it was the cheapest amp i could find at Guitar Center with two inputs (so my sister can play bass at the same time), it has lost of power, overdrive, more equalizer knobs than i know what to do with, and it has an effect input.

I play mostly rock, no metal.

For my sounds, i use a DigiTech RP50 in case anyone was wondering about what resources i have available to me.

So, was this stupid, or a good choice for my budget? Because I wasnt about to spend more than 500 bucks on anything.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
You've failed on many levels. Number one, don't plug a bass into a guitar amp, you will very likely blow the speakers. Second, you bought an amp based on it's name and a crappy amp at that.

Not to be harsh, but this was a stupid buy, you could do so much better for 500 bucks.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
No it wasn't.

Play bass through it and it's going ruin the amp. They also sound terrible.

You really aren't going to be able to find an amp that you both can play through at once, it just doesn't really work that way. If anything buy a vypyr/cube 30 and get your sister a bass cube or whatever cheap bass amp sounds decent.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Bad move. Its a bad amp, and playing bass thru a guitar amp will kill the amp, so neither of you can play. Would have been much smarter to spend $250 on a better amp, and $250 on a bass amp, which is more than enough for a decent combo.
My sister wont be playing on it for long. My dad is going to get the bass amp he bought for her that got sent to his glaveston mail box, but thanks for that heads up. Ill be sure not to let that happen.

Was it really THAT bad of a move? what makes it so bad?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
The cleans are mediocre and the drive just sounds like crap. You may like the tone now, but eventually you'll grow to dislike it until you just want to throw it down the stairs. Don't. Sell it and buy a new amp, or, if you can, return it and get something else.
Well, if and when I do, what should i replace it with thats in the same price range?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
What's the budget? Can you go used? Are you gigging/is this for practice only? Could you be a bit more specific on tones you're looking for?
List some bands and the price range
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by TehMasterSword
My sister wont be playing on it for long. My dad is going to get the bass amp he bought for her that got sent to his glaveston mail box, but thanks for that heads up. Ill be sure not to let that happen.

Was it really THAT bad of a move? what makes it so bad?

What makes any amp bad?
It just sounds like shit
frontman's are only ok practice amps at best.
they have nothing great about them. every freature on it is mediocre. some aspects are better than certain amps like cleans vs. like a 5150's cleans.
bad amp. and you do not play bass on a 12 inch speaker.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Lets see... as for bands, its
Modest Mouse, The Killers, Coldplay, U2, Andrew Byrd, Band of Horses, The Bravery, Incubus, Muse, The White Stripes, Black Sabbath.

Something around 300 bucks that versatile. I dont know about gigging, because i dont know what ill be doing down the road.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Either maybe a Valveking 112, 300$, or a Peavey Vypyr 30 watt,200, with the Sanpera I when it comes out, 80$.

The Vypyr is a new modeling amp so it can do a good bit of everything, and according to most, pretty well. The Sanpera I will allow you to use the Wah, pitch shifter, and looper effects as well.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Check out the crate v series, the v18 would work great for you. Maybe a vox valvetronix would be good bet too.
Just listened to a demo for the Vox, and I think Im gonna go with that. Thanks for the advice, i just wish i asked for it earlier XD
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by Highwaytohell
NOOOOO

Peavey Classic 30
before it's too late

Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Quote by pak1351
super champ xd

LOL, i will agree again

I tried most of the modeling amps out there in that price range $200-350 just recently and I bought a Fender Super Champ XD.
I vote Peavey Vypyr 30 or a Peavey Classic 30. Those are your best options.

Grab a used classic 30 and call it a day. $350 at the most. Or the Crate V or the Super Champ, or the Vypyr 30, or...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by TehMasterSword
Lets see... as for bands, its
Modest Mouse, The Killers, Coldplay, U2, Andrew Byrd, Band of Horses, The Bravery, Incubus, Muse, The White Stripes, Black Sabbath.

Something around 300 bucks that versatile. I dont know about gigging, because i dont know what ill be doing down the road.

Can you stretch a bit more?

Or maybe a V33?

However, a Valvetronix would fit well.

(my post is incoherent... Just got off work )

What I mean to say, is that if you stretch to 500, or maybe more, you can get a very good amp.

If you want a very good amp that isn't really that versatile, get a V33 (or alternatively a Classic 30, though I prefer the Crate to the Peavey).

Finally, Vox is coming out with a new Valvetronix series soon. However, if you want, I'll sell you mine for cheap.
Jesus christ this forum makes me laugh.

They aren't a terrible amp. Why did you need UG to approve of your choices? Would you have enjoyed it without being told it was crap?

They honestly are not that bad. Granted, they have average cleans and awful drive, and are way too loud, but stick a pedal in front of that thing and have a little fun.

Also, the two inputs are for active and passive, not two instruments.
If you only recently bought it, check the return policy (assuming you don't want it.) If there isn't a clear "I made a mistake clause", there is a better chance that you can return it for store credit over trying to get your money back. This would probably be made easier from a negotiating perspective if the other amp costs more than the Frontman 212R you picked up.

Here is the link for the Guitar Center 30 day satisfaction guarantee:

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/financing/30_30.cfm
Quote by apak
frontman's are only ok practice amps at best.
they have nothing great about them. every freature on it is mediocre. some aspects are better than certain amps like cleans vs. like a 5150's cleans.
bad amp. and you do not play bass on a 12 inch speaker.

No bass on a 12" Speaker? I think you might wanna rethink that statement as there are numerous bass cabs with 12". How about not through a guitar speaker.....sounds more accurate
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by theoreticmusic
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937560

Why can't you people just listen when good advice is given you? Huh? For real. Irritating. Why bother starting a thread like that if you're just going to buy a frontman?

+1

yeah, i think it is bad enough, TehMasterSword, that you have been here since '07 and obviously know what GGnA is all about - so it's not like you've been hanging out explusively in Teh Pit. Did you search on Frontman in the search bar and find all kinds of glowing reviews from UG'rs?

Seriously, and then to ask us if this was a mistake? I hope you are not trolling. If you want a solid state amp that's fine, but this 212 is overkill and really can only be usefull in a small number of applications.