Hey guys, another noobie question here and looking for some of your opinions.

Most of my playing us unplugged because I live in a condo and there is an older woman upstairs that I don't want to bother. For my effects, I went out and got a Pod x3 Live. When plugged in, I am always on headphones. The effects are nice, but sometimes it just seems to be too much bells and whistles. When I play with my friends, I always find myself looking for the right sounds for each song. I did download a few user made effects for some songs, but there were only a few.

Last night I went out and saw a band and noticed the lead player was pretty much doing everything with just 2 effects, clean and dirty. Ok, I want that simplicity, and noticed he had a good amount of money in his rig, as well as customized a bit with changing tubes and woofers.

My question is what would you guys recommend as far as head, cabinet, and effects go? My Pod just seems like way too much and a bit complicated for what I need at this time. Of course I will keep it for specific things, but I want more simplicity that doesn't sort of sound "simulated." My spending limit is around $2500 right now. I am using an Ibanez JS1200 and PRS Singlecut SE most of the time.

Thanks guys!
There are some awesome amps in your price range. I'm no expert on high-end amps, but you can afford something extremely good.

EDIT: Nobody else has replied yet but I can at least help you narrow things down. Do you gig? What styles do you play? Do you have any favorite tones?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Oct 5, 2008,
what kind of music?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
what kind of music?

I like to be versatile. Mostly Rock as in Alice in Chains, Fuel, Bush, STP, punk as far as Greenday or Ramones, some 80s stuff like GNR, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Def Leppard. Eventually hitting metal such as Maiden and Metallica, but also need to be able to do some Pink Floyd. Yes, I know that is quite a spectrum.
Dear Jesus, your budget is amazing. the JSX is incredible, but you're begging for better.

http://www.splawnguitars.com/amps08.htm
Splawn QuickRod or ProMod
http://www.wildwestguitars.com/orangehome.htm
Orange RockerVerb50
Marshall JVM205C
Matamp 1224MkII
Mesa RoadKing, Stiletto Ace/Deuce, Roadster
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Last edited by theoreticmusic at Oct 6, 2008,
you want a tube head and cabinent but don't want to bother the lady upstairs? Get a good tube combo and an attenuator
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial