I hope this is the right forum. I have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR and the piece that the bar screws into is loose, it moves to one side or another so that I don't get the response I need and I'm afraid to use it now for fear of making it worse. Does anyone know if there is a way to tighten it or if I should take it to someone who knows what they're doing.

Thanks in advace,
Stallion
Well there are ways you can tighten it but go with the safe side of taking it to someone who knows what they're doing. Only do it yourself if you've done it before, and know how.
Alright, that's what I figured I would need to do. I'll wait until wednesday and ask my guitar teacher about it.
It's not really the bar that's the problem it's the bolt that it connects to, it's loose and I see no way to tighten it. If I took it off I probably could but I don't trust myself not to mess something up.
get an allen key that fits on the bottom (just under the floyd) and hold the bar holder in place and give it a good twist with the allen key. done it several times
if it's still new might need a few till it settles in.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Thanks 68, I'll give it a go. I'm not sure if I can fit one though, it seems like a tight squeeze.
Thanks 68, that worked. I had to open up the back and go through there and now it's back to playing like a dream.
i had the same problem with my new Schecter C-1 FR today.. is this going to happen constantly?