http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-F100FM-Electric-Guitar?sku=516678 - Looks awesome, has good reviews

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Viper100FM-Electric-Guitar?sku=516634

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC100QM-Electric-Guitar?sku=516637

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?N=100001+9&Ntk=All&Ntt=schecter&Nty=1 - - - -One of these two

I am a bass player that is moving into the guitar scene. Yes I can play a guitar alright, I just dont own one yet.

I play a lot of atreyu, avenged sevenfold, darkest hour, etc.

So help me out and last but not least I DO NOT want to spend over $300 I still need an amp and I am currently in college. And no arguing.

Thanks guys.
i like schecter guitars but i have no experience with any of these guitars. I would recommend and epiphone guitar but thats just me. oh and u can't really always trust reviews on sites like musicians friend. take this for example http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/reviews?base_pid=483188&page=1&rpp=10&sc=OVERALL&so=desc
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Alright thanks, as I said earlier I like to play a lot of hard rock and metal type music, I am assuming that these guitars will handle the drop tuning pretty well. And I really like the ec-100 and the viper 100. Those are the two best looking IMO. But its not all about looks.

Cool.

Thank you and as always more advice welcome. And by the way I already have my amp picked out. Its a line 6 amp, I tried it at the store and loved it.

More advice please
Quote by 2+2=22
Thank you and as always more advice welcome. And by the way I already have my amp picked out. Its a line 6 amp, I tried it at the store and loved it.

More advice please

Choose a different amp.
Whats wrong with line 6? Just wondering, and what would you recomend for an amp, I dont need a half stack or anything because I live at home and my parents sleep during the day, so I gotta keep it down then, but when their not home I want to crank it out. I figure something between 30-50 watts would be perfect.

SO suggestions please

Oh and I have looked at the ec 100 and viper 100 on youtube and they sound pretty sweet. I really like the look of the viper.
Get the EC-100QM. It has the same pickups, but more control, and the quilted maple top. If not that, definitely go for the Schec. Omen 6. It's not too bad. Great for beginner guitar for metal, hard rock, etc.
Quote by 2+2=22
Whats wrong with line 6? Just wondering, and what would you recomend for an amp, I dont need a half stack or anything because I live at home and my parents sleep during the day, so I gotta keep it down then, but when their not home I want to crank it out. I figure something between 30-50 watts would be perfect.

SO suggestions please

Oh and I have looked at the ec 100 and viper 100 on youtube and they sound pretty sweet. I really like the look of the viper.

This would be ideal for you.
I own an EC100QM and it's a pretty good guitar. Mine is black. I've never seen the black one on Muscian's Friend. There are pics of one on ESP.com. I've done some custom work to mine. There's a pic of it in my profile.
Check out the Peavey Vypyr amps they're similar to the Line 6 Spiders but alot of people think they're better. I know when I tried them out I liked the Vypyrs better.
Alright cool, I just looked that up and it looks nice. Well I think you guys have narrowed it down pretty well, now I just need to go to the store and try these out. Luckily a local retailer sometimes carries esp guitars.

Would you guys recomend ordering a guitar online?

IF so which sites are reliable?

Thanks you guys are helping me a lot.
Okay thanks guys, If I cant get the guitar at the store I will probably order from musicians friend. Now I just gotta decide if I want the ec100qm or the viper 100 fm. They are both bada** looking guitars I just dont know which one to get.

Thanks guys.
alriight one last question

Does the viper or the c100 come set up for a trem. IF not how hard is it to install one.

Not a huge issue, but I kinda like em.
you don't want to be installing a trem on a guitar if you don't know what to do. And putting a trem on a $200 guitar doesn't make much sense.

btw, i think the viper might be better.
Get a peavy vypyr and I would go with the viper guitar too <_< probably out of those
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
dont know aobut the guitar, but definently not the line 6.

get the microcube linked to earlir, that thing sounds better and its cheap.

o, and if you plan on changing tunings alot, do not get a floating bridge. thats jsut a pain in the ass. (nvm, none of them had floyds anyways, lol).
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Alright guys so I tried out an esp ltd - 50 explorer today at the store. They didnt have the other guitars I wanted to try but I was wondering if the viper 100 is going to have better sound. That explorer's sound was just kinda bland, and it didnt have any versatility.

Sorry to bring this back up but I dont want to buy the wrong thing.