I own a Roc Pro 700. It's 65 watts RMS, with a stock 1X12.

I can get a Peavey 412fc cabinet for 100 bucks, and i was wondering, would my amp sound slightly better pumped through 4 12 inch instead of just one rattly combo?

I'm exhausted after a long day and can't think straight.

So if it's 65 watts RMS, would that be divided among the four speakers evenly, or 65 watts to each speaker?

Would this lead to an extreme decrease in volume if i used 4 speakers instead of one.

I honestly can't think straight, thanks so much all.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
It'll sound different, not necessarily better. The whole cab needs to be able to take 65 watts, so all the speakers need to add up to 65 watts. You shouldn't notice much of a change in volume, if the speakers have a higher sensitivity it might sound louder.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
itll be louder

65 to 2 speakers = decent volume
65 to 4 speakers = more volume
common sense

=]
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
alrighty, cool, i figured that i wouldn't lose any volume, but still wanted to make sure, because i need all of that i can get haha. hopefully itll sound better anyways.

thanks, got anything else to add anyone?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by justlivin
itll be louder

65 to 2 speakers = decent volume
65 to 4 speakers = more volume
common sense

=]

Sorry buddy, that's not how it works. The amp and the sensitivity of the speakers determine how loud a rig is.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
for 100 bucks go for it.
you'll get about the same amount of power since the 65 max output will be equally divided to the 4 speakers. but yet again, you'll have more air being pushed resulting a slightly bigger sound because of the 3 speakers you didn't have. The build of a 4x12 is generally more favorable on the low end.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Last edited by 68_SG at Oct 5, 2008,