Page 1 of 3
Anyone know of a really good clone amp or something that is not "brand name" but that is better then the really deal for half the cost?
I recently bought an Edwards Les Paul and it is simply stunning, if not equal or slightly better then my buddies real les paul. and it was half the cost. this got me wondering if there is such a find similar to this only for amps. Just some names of companies and where to get them ( the Edwards came from Japan online for example).

hope this makes sense...

ehwalled
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Last edited by ehwalled at Oct 5, 2008,
No idea... but high five for the Edwards!

Which one did you get?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well, traynors sound like marshalls and are much less than new marshalls. There are many good, cheap amps, they aren't necessarily knock offs though.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
What kind of brands are we talking about?

Bugera would fall into that catagory.
RedBear
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I guess "knock off" is a bad term but didnt know how to explain it. the Edwards I got is JP custom (Jimmy Page les paul). I post some pics when I get a second. Anyways it is simple great. Thanks for the names so far (treynor). Maybe my new guitar and this would be a match made in Zeppelin heaven....
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Sovtek Mig amps are pretty much clones of older Marshalls and are much much cheaper.

I thought they were Bassman clones (they use 5881's...)
Sovteks MIG amps are great.

Splawns are knockoffs of marshalls in many ways

laney AOR and Protube series are much like Gained up plexis ans JCM800s.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Ceriatone makes clones of vintage Marshalls. So does Metropoulos.

Splawns are hot-rodded Marshalls, essentially - B-52s have been called "the poor man's Mesa", Bugera are Peavey knockoffs... I'm sure there are many more.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by acdcrocks0323
All I know is that the Mig 60 is pretty much dead on a JCM800.

I'd love to have a nice Mig. Or a Redbear. Or a Sunn Model T.
Quote by Raijouta
Ceriatone makes clones of vintage Marshalls. So does Metropoulos.

Splawns are hot-rodded Marshalls, essentially - B-52s have been called "the poor man's Mesa", Bugera are Peavey knockoffs... I'm sure there are many more.

And those Peavey's are SLO knockoffs
Quote by imgooley
I'd love to have a nice Mig. Or a Redbear. Or a Sunn Model T.

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
and those SLO's Are partial Marshall Knockoffs.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by imgooley
And those Peavey's are SLO knockoffs

Didn't know that one. Learn something new every day, huh?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by MatrixClaw

A few weeks ago, a dude brought one into GC. Pretty awesome. It was an original too.
Quote by Bostonrocks
and those SLO's Are partial Marshall Knockoffs.

And those Marshalls are partial Bassman knockoffs
Quote by imgooley
And those Marshalls are partial Bassman knockoffs

I don't know if we can go any farther I think that bassmen were partial Gibson knockoffs
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
I don't know if we can go any farther I think that bassmen were partial Gibson knockoffs

RCA Knockoffs?
Quote by imgooley
RCA Knockoffs?

we're really runnin' out Goolz.

RCA's were knocoffs of some electrisions boredom so he decided he'd make an radio that he could make music out of so he could hear is favorite tunes all the time not just when the radio decided to play em
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by imgooley

A few weeks ago, a dude brought one into GC. Pretty awesome. It was an original too.

Yeah, the Model T is awesome. I love that amp.

My next amp I buy will either be a 2 Channel Dual Recto or an original Model T
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Bostonrocks
we're really runnin' out Goolz.

RCA's were knocoffs of some electrisions boredom so he decided he'd make an radio that he could make music out of so he could hear is favorite tunes all the time not just when the radio decided to play em

And that guy stole teh idea frum Marconi

Who stole the idea from teh Edison

Who stole the idea from... Tesla?
Quote by imgooley
And that guy stole teh idea frum Marconi

Who stole the idea from teh Edison

Who stole the idea from... Tesla?

I think we Got all the knockoffs for you TS

Thread Closed
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I believe Tesla stole it from a person not mentioned in history, it probably went down as such:

Tesla: I really love this idea, it's fantastic. Say, you wouldn't mind stepping over here?
Person: Next to this coil looking thing?
Tesla: Yes, now just hold still...
Quote by Kevin Saale
I believe Tesla stole it from a person not mentioned in history, it probably went down as such:

Tesla: I really love this idea, it's fantastic. Say, you wouldn't mind stepping over here?
Person: Next to this coil looking thing?
Tesla: Yes, now just hold still...

Okay NOW we have it TS
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
No, but I'm pretty sure she was knocked up by tesla's father.
Quote by Kevin Saale
No, but I'm pretty sure she was knocked up by tesla's father.

I quite literally laughed out loud at my computer screen.
Wait a second so where did Teslas father come from then?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
Wait a second so where did Teslas father come from then?

I believe he was somehow a descendant of jesus. The bible left him out though, something about upstaging jesus with family matters reruns.
^

Quote by acdcrocks0323
Tesla the first.

hey did you hear I got a AOR 50w combo for 245?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Kevin Saale
I believe he was somehow a descendant of jesus. The bible left him out though, something about upstaging jesus with family matters reruns.

Oh yeah but jesus was a zombie who claimed his mother was a virgin, so who knows at this point!
Wow, this turned into a really hilarious thread.
this has to have been the most random thing I have done in a while we have went from amp knockoffs to tesla to jesus's descendants
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by ehwalled
I guess "knock off" is a bad term but didnt know how to explain it. the Edwards I got is JP custom (Jimmy Page les paul). I post some pics when I get a second. Anyways it is simple great. Thanks for the names so far (treynor). Maybe my new guitar and this would be a match made in Zeppelin heaven....

woah! ive been sigged!

lol wut?
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by Highwaytohell
Oh yeah but jesus was a zombie who claimed his mother was a virgin, so who knows at this point!

Every one knows Jesus stole all of his carpentry ideas from his great, great, great, great Grandfather, David (or was it Abraham?)...

So we have:

David>Solomon>Jesus>....>Newton>Kelvin>Morse>Tesla's Mom>Some dude>Tesla>Edison>Marconi>Some other dude>RCA>Rickenbacker>Gibson>Fender>Marshall>SLO>5150>Boogera?
Page 1 of 3