Well I just wanna say now that my ban has been lifted, I can finally post again, and even when I couldn't this forum was a great help and a wealth of information, seriously people should just stay here and read various threads, you don't even need a teacher (the forum is that good) and I've been able to apply this theory to piano as well :P.

Anyways, I know the structures of the scales but just wanted a picture or tab of a moveable pattern (Example A Pentatonic Minor:

|-5-8-|
|-5-8-|
|-5-7-|
|-5-7-|
|-5-7-|
|-5-8-|

I'm looking for moveable patterns for these scales in text or picture form:
Major
Minor
Pentatonic Major
Pentatonic Blues

Oh yea, and I know some basic chord progressions I-VI-V and the I-V-IV and the I-VI-IV-V (i think i made this one up :P) and I wanted to know is there an easy method of figuring out which chords apply to a certain scale other than taking a scale writing out all the notes and then doing it manually by writing out which chords would fit into that note of the scale... so lets I'm in A Pentatonic Minor and the Notes are A,C,D,E,G obviously a C minor won't fit in but a C major will due to the lack of a b3 note as in D#.
Of course playing a C minor over an A minor pentatonic scale won't work, look up relative majors and minors. . . C Major is relative A minor, therefore C major will work, but C minor won't too many key differences, being that C minor is relative Eb Major. . . and neither is closely related to A minor. . . so there you go, google that, Relative major and minor keys, and while you are at it, circle of fifth's that way you can tell which keys are said to be "closely related"
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Learning what to play over what chords works like this:

Take a chord, Em for example. It has E F# B in it.

Now take ANY scale that has at least an E an F# and a B in it. Naturally the first you'd go to would be an E natural minor scale. Which works fine. But know that if you expand it out a bit and learn to restrict yourself on the notes themselves and not so much the NAME per say of the chord, you'll learn that there is MUCH more to explore.

Blues progressions work with minor pentatonics of the same root work because the blues progression is IN the scale and vice versa.

But I think I went off topic here.

Moving a scale is as easy as keeping the shape of the scale and moving the bottom.

You can move a C major scale anywhere and just have the name of the scale be the root (where you start)

But basically, if you learn every single scale based around C you can figure out how to move it up and down. After all, its simple, just move the root of the scale and you have the same progression of notes (same intervals) but a set of intervals higher or lower.
Oh and here's what I think you really wanted:

C Major scale:

|--------------------------------------------------7--8-10------
|-------------------------------------------8-10----------------
|---------------------------------7--9-10-----------------------
|-----------------------7--9-10---------------------------------
|-------------7--8-10-------------------------------------------
|------8-10-----------------------------------------------------

Or the easier (for me at least) 3 notes per string set

|--------------------------------------------------------------10--12--13------
|--------------------------------------------------10--12--13------------------
|---------------------------------------9--10--12------------------------------
|----------------------------9--10--12-----------------------------------------
|-----------------8--10--12----------------------------------------------------
|------8--10--12---------------------------------------------------------------

Note that this goes up to F and is considered an extended range scale, because F is in the C major scale.

C minor:

|---------------------------------------------------7--8-10-11------
|---------------------------------------------8--9--------------------
|-----------------------------------7--8-10--------------------------
|----------------------------9-10------------------------------------
|-----------------8-10-11-------------------------------------------
|------8-10-11------------------------------------------------------

The C minor three note per string is a tad complicated to explain, but you can figure it out if your patient.

C Major Pentatonic:

|----------------------------------------8-10------
|---------------------------------8-10-------------
|---------------------------7--9--------------------
|--------------------7-10--------------------------
|-------------7-10---------------------------------
|------8-10----------------------------------------

C Pentatonic Blues:

|------------------------------------------------8-11------
|-----------------------------------------8-11-------------
|------------------------------8-10-11--------------------
|-----------------------8-10-------------------------------
|-------------8--9-10--------------------------------------
|------8-11------------------------------------------------

Note that the blues scale here is basically the minor pentatonic scale with an added "stressed" fifth.
yea that's what i was looking for, cuz what i do is i take the moveable pattern memorize the notes, and then slowly use that to learn where every note of that key is on the fret board, this way I kill i think 6, yes that's right SIX BIRDS! With one stone I memorize notes, scales, and patterns, chords, and much more such as licks and where the same note repeats
There is actually a set limit to how many scales there are. Its not an infinite set, so you'll run out eventually, about 70% of all scales are NOT realistic and therefore not named and not used.

Also, the way I'm trying to learn the notes is by memorizing the dot notes. Also the top and bottom string have the same notes (durr hurr)
You still need to learn the notes on their own - if you just learn them as patterns then you'll only ver see them as patterns.

Likewise it's far more valuable to learn the scales notes and intervals then work the patterns out for yourself - takes longer but it helps you remember it a lot better. Finally don't neglect chords, what you can play it over is an integral part of understanding a scale.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yes, I trust the above poster cuz People with a seagull for their avatar always give good advice.