10 11%
Indifferent to everything
12 13%
combination of the above
24 26%
neither, I'm pretty content
42 46%
Voters: 91.
Are always either angry or depressed? My parents think I'm always either tuned out, sad, or angry. Which can't be farther from the truth. But anyway, they said I'm not allowed on The Pit anymore because it's a factor in my "depression". They said that all I do is "play guitar, xbox, or go on the internet and chat with other angry people who only smoke dope, play guitar and bitch with other like minded people about how much life sucks". Lol. Anyway, just answer the poll, and maybe this will fix something.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Oct 5, 2008,
i'll say depressed, but mostly cause i'm trying to figure my life out. the pit has nothing to do with it.

on second thought, i think your sig might have something to do with your parents banning you. and, as a warning, it's the pit. if they read more than a few threads, expect sexual counseling.
Man, they WISH the pit was that tame. If they came on here they would cry
Quote by deli_creep

*PEAR*

if i get banned....it was worth it.
haha i like that portrayal of the pit
however i'm extremely content
my mom speaks the same way, then i say mom calm down and she flips. i don't understand?
Quote by ultimo101

+1
and TS the answer is rape
Quote by playinbass1432
How the **** do they know what it is then?
well see, they don't, I just couldn;t think of anything better to put in atm. They just know it's an online community of musicians. I'm not even sure why they banned me from it, seeing as if it's all musicians of different musical tastes, then that means they all have different personalities. They just assume everyone on here is a druggie/emo/bum/metalhead (the bad connotation), etc.
if they acutly see wuts on the pit then (i dont want to alarm you) u may be f**ked over big time
I'd do me........

Dude, just go get a pint of Ben and Jerrys. You'll never be depressed again. In fact, I'm gonna go do that right now. To the store!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I would help you, but my parents are not overly emotional or prone to outbursts of stupidity.
Of course not. I listen to Ska. It's literally impossible for me to be sad/depressed/angry for longer than 5 minutes.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Dude, just go get a pint of Ben and Jerrys. You'll never be depressed again. In fact, I'm gonna go do that right now. To the store!
but the thing is, I'm no where near depressed. They just think that because I don't talk to them about important shit, mainly because they're really unpredictable. If I told them something one time, then erased that memory and told them again, the reactions would be comparable to petting a seal and it purring, or petting a seal and it BITING YOUR ****ING HAND OFF.
FUCK YOU

I'm so depressed
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I'm going to have to say content, yeah, I think I'm doing pretty good. Most parents think their kids are depressed or angry though, that's how the young generation is portrayed, so if you're doing anything that your parents don't understand they're going to equate it with something that is either depressing or anger inducing. Just tell your parents that you know they are worried, but that there isn't anything to worry about. Tell them that playing guitar is a very healthy thing to do, it isn't a mind numbing activity that's going to make you dumb, and it isn't going to cause you to become some sort of recluse that doesn't talk to people infact quite the opposite, which is why you are on UG, talking to and meeting like minded people (your parents were right there, but who else would you be talking to). As for the Xbox, depending on what game you are playing, it does require a fair amount of brain activity and a lot of studies are being conducted that suggest playing video games have much the same effect as reading a book. So all of these "bad habits" that your parents are seeing are infact good ones. I honestly can't see why someone would think that a person is playing too much music though, that blew my mind.
Nope sorry. I'm a winner.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
it's called puberty
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
they also think I don;t care about school anymore, just cause I sat down at my computer for six hours and couldn't write anything. That's not indifference, that;s just writers block. I got a 100% after all
Honestly, I know it'll sound stupid, but since I found God, i've just been happy all the time now, if something gets me down, I can shake it off sooooo much easyer that before. Besides, theres no reason to be sad, I've a great life.
For all those of you that don't and are depressed, Cheer up poptart
call me Shelby

Quote by ShelbyLynn
Honestly, I know it'll sound stupid, but since I found God, i've just been happy all the time now, if something gets me down, I can shake it off sooooo much easyer that before. Besides, theres no reason to be sad, I've a great life.

Poptart?

It doesn't have to be God, you just need to have something to keep you going. Music, friends, whatever. I have some serious problems with religion, but the day i lost my faith did seriously screw me up for a while, so Shelby's right, in a way.
Quote by irishstang_87
Poptart?

It doesn't have to be God, you just need to have something to keep you going. Music, friends, whatever. I have some serious problems with religion, but the day i lost my faith did seriously screw me up for a while, so Shelby's right, in a way.

Exactly! You just need to find something that makes you happy, no matter what happens, or something to keep your mind off all the stupid stuff thats depressing you, or some kickass friends, God is just what cheers Me up all the time, doesnt have to be what cheers others up
And, yes poptart, because they rock
Woot for being right in a way!
call me Shelby

Quote by ultimo101

The pit isn't UG though, there's a lot more to it...for the most part.

Quote by gnrliesmanlies
haha i like that portrayal of the pit
however i'm extremely content
my mom speaks the same way, then i say mom calm down and she flips. i don't understand?

Don't ever tell a woman, especially your mother, to calm down unless you want them to tare your head off. It has the exact opposite effect, It's like saying "FREEZE!!!" or "Don't shoot me...". I found that one out pretty quick, my mother is particularly crazy, she thinks everything, and I mean EVERYTHING I say is either a veiled insult or sarcasm, if I say "I don't know" she says I'm being a smart ass, if I express an honest opinion she says I'm being a smart ass, if I try and make conversation she often ends up crying and not talking to me for the rest of the day. I'll never understand it, but it's okay now that I don't have to deal with her on a daily basis, not being a minor anymore and all.
Im pretty content, some times kinda feel different because I just moved to a new country and don't have any "friends" yet. Other then that I'm alright.
No Signature?
Join The Club...
Quote by david_highland

Don't ever tell a woman, especially your mother, to calm down unless you want them to tare your head off. It has the exact opposite effect, It's like saying "FREEZE!!!" or "Don't shoot me...". I found that one out pretty quick, my mother is particularly crazy, she thinks everything, and I mean EVERYTHING I say is either a veiled insult or sarcasm, if I say "I don't know" she says I'm being a smart ass, if I express an honest opinion she says I'm being a smart ass, if I try and make conversation she often ends up crying and not talking to me for the rest of the day. I'll never understand it, but it's okay now that I don't have to deal with her on a daily basis, not being a minor anymore and all.

Thats weird, dosnt happen to me...
I guess everyone is different but yes sometimes women can be difficult...
No Signature?
Join The Club...
whenever i'm depressed i just stop being depressed and be awesome instead

its probably the music your listening to, and the hair above ur crotch
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Angry outburst, depression, angry, depressed, angry, depressed, sleeping.

^sums up my day
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

Now that's the way to go right there!!!
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Quote by david_highland

ah i see
i'm usually really really calm with my mom, and i'm a lot smarter than her although she obviously has many years of experience on me. And when i say i'm smarter i'm just saying i have a hgiher intelligence level than her
I'm a nice guy. I love everyone, and everyone loves me.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by ShelbyLynn

Lmao poptart!!! Why did that make me happy?

I love you
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Lmao poptart!!! Why did that make me happy?

I love you

Awh, thanks, don't be sad about it though
call me Shelby