Hey my school is putting together a rock band kinda thing and we're touring around Boston sometime in early April. The guys want me to come up with the heaviest song to do (its an all cover band) and since 80% of the users here are interested in metal I decided to ask around here.

The thing has 3 guitarists (me one of them) 2 drummers, bassist, keyboards, and a choir. We're also bringing along "band" members... by "band" i mean real band stuff like cello and trumpets and shit. Since we have this whole full thing going on I was thinking the heaviest/almost disturbing track ever Diary of a Madman by Ozzy Osbourne

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=u61s1PtrLAo

The other guys have the skill to do it, and Im pretty sure we can get the "band" people on the right track as far as the symphonic-type ending.

Anyway, any other suggestions pit? Surprisingly, we dont have a screamer.
Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Go for some Nazi Grindcore.

Like Anal Cunt, for example.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Left Behind - Trivium!(that's his username)
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG
I Cum Blood.

... seriously.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Do The Trooper really epic. one soloist singer, then get the chorus to do the "oh-oh-ohoh-oh- ohoh" the main riff backed up with violins and shit, or hallowed be thy name, most epic maiden songs would be perfectly suitable
All Bodies by Between the Buried and Me

would be sweet done like that
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Quote by 777Corey
Do The Trooper really epic. one soloist singer, then get the chorus to do the "oh-oh-ohoh-oh- ohoh" the main riff backed up with violins and shit, or hallowed be thy name, most epic maiden songs would be perfectly suitable

I'd really like to do Hallowed be thy Name but we're trying to keep stuff away from religion and crap... just cause we're going to a catholic school. **** why am I even in the school band thing anyway?
5 Minutes Alone- Pantera

though I don't know how that would sound by a choir.

Walk With Me In Hell- Lamb of God

has some apocalyptic sounding choir/orchestral backing in the intro and chorus.

thats about all I can think that would sound good for what you described.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
No Pity For a Coward by Suicide Silence

the breakdown would be quite the lulz

Edit: but on a more serious note, maybe some bodom or opeth
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Why did the Lebanese guy cross the road?

To beat up the chicken.

Why did 100 Lebanese guys cross the road?

Because the chicken was winning.

Last edited by ryeryelolol at Oct 5, 2008,
Try something by nile, I like lashed to the slave stick

That is if these guys are good enough to do it
Quote by winnipegbassist
you could try, like, Apocalyptica...?

+40 they own..
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
3 guitarists you could do some Whitechapel. But for heavy but badass and easily accesible for most people I would play some Baroness. (seriously, they are f-cking fantastic)
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
No More Tears by Ozzy would be perfect. With the string breakdown part in the middle, right before the awesome solo. And i guess you guys could switch off doing the main slide riffs. Maybe you could add harmonies on the chorus riff. If you didnt have the band members, altho this song could also work out to an extent, Dry the River by Maylene and the Sons of Disaster would be awesome too.
a little piece of heaven by avenged sevenfold would be cool if you could do it justice, but i think itd be hard, and having to censor it would be pretty stupid.
do Dantes Inferno by Iced Earth, it would sound so damn epic with a choir, especialliy doing the gregorian chanting parts. If anyone complains, tell them it's a catholic book (it is after all)
The Final Countdown by europe, not insanely heavy but its epic and the all the band people could play the trumpets and shit
Quote by Superstrat101
I'd really like to do Hallowed be thy Name but we're trying to keep stuff away from religion and crap... just cause we're going to a catholic school. **** why am I even in the school band thing anyway?

hnmm... i dont know what heavy stuff would be catholic school appropriate, but im thinking.....
I think classical instruments, like violins and horns could make the sounds in White Zombies "more human than human" insane.
"Accidents" Alexisonfire - figure out something for the screaming i guess.
"Sonic Reducer" Dead Boys not really heavy, but again id like to hear with classical instruments.
"1970" Stooges already has a sax solo
"The Wizard" Black Sbbath

i dont know....