Glad you came, glad you're here
Have some champagne, imported beer!

Sorry, I got a bit distracted...yes that song's in standard tuning. But that's not an accurate tab anyway from what I can see. I don't have a bass handy to check it at the moment, but it doesn't quite look right from what I remember.
he could mean three things:
1.-to get your 3 high strings a step up and keep the 4th string in E: EBEA
2.-standard
3.- he meant drop d and had a typo

just play it on standard, if it sounds shitty, try drop D, if it still sounds sh*tty, get a guitarpro file or powertab of it and check the tuning in the file
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by JEP4
I'm assuming standard...

Probably not

Maybe tuning all the other strings (except for E) up a whole tone?
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
Rofl.
An octave down?
Maybe you're supposed to tune the other strings up a step?
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
I've never heard of drop E so I'm going to agree with JEP4 and say standard E tuning.
I say drop the E string down one octave. It'd sound way bro0tal!
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
Quote by urf_

people like you are a leading cause of the San Andreas fault.

I'm guessing it was a typo.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by anarkee
And that would sound fabulous tapped

Ya I hadn't really looked at the song. Honestly, I'm sure there are better tabs for this song somewhere. I'd look around.
Quote by urf_

It wouldn't sound like any thing at all. The human ear cannot pick up 20.6Hz.
Quote by pwrmax

Not according to the Guitar Pro interpretation...

...technically.
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
Quote by urf_
Not according to the Guitar Pro interpretation...

...technically.

You won't hear the fundamental (20.6Hz) but you will hear the overtones, which can sometimes be enough to imply the fundamental, so you think you hear it, but your ears can't actually hear below 20Hz, and the chance that your hearing is that good to hear 20.6 is a bit slim.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Don't Nile play in drop E?

I say that one there is a typo. Getting that low might be too close to the brown note
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Quote by pwrmax

*raises hand* Yeah they can, know those mosquito annoying as f*ck ringtones that you can get? They have different frequencies, I think the lowest I heard was 17

random factoid for ya
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by isildurs_bane
Don't Nile play in drop E?

I say that one there is a typo. Getting that low might be too close to the brown note

i dunno but stengah - meshuggah is all the way down to E (8 stringed guitars/7 string bass or dark lord tuned down a step) and its ludicrous
I am me. Live with it.
is it possible that the tab is refering to a 5 string with the B string dropped to E???
i love my bass =]

The most utterly boring member Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Quote by fortysix&2
You won't hear the fundamental (20.6Hz) but you will hear the overtones, which can sometimes be enough to imply the fundamental, so you think you hear it, but your ears can't actually hear below 20Hz, and the chance that your hearing is that good to hear 20.6 is a bit slim.

The whole 20hz as lowest hearing range is a generalisation. Its the standard, some people might be able to hear a little lower than that, you never know you could be the lucky one

Seriously though, i would have thought he meant standard.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?
Quote by |Heretic|
The whole 20hz as lowest hearing range is a generalisation. Its the standard, some people might be able to hear a little lower than that, you never know you could be the lucky one

Seriously though, i would have thought he meant standard.

Reproducing a note of 20.6hz, most amplifiers/speakers/etc wouldnt be produced at any practical volume level so on the most part you would just be hearing overtones with a percieved fundamental in your head.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz_uzys0Rcw

That song is TAPPED!!! Can you imagine tapping that on that loose a string?

My abysmal tapping skills aside, I went and looked at a few of the tabs out there, and worked through them. You can play that song in standard tuning on a 4 string. Its a typo or a mistake on the tab writer's part.

And I can hear slightly below the normal range of hearing but honestly most people can't, Jon is correct.
he he means down a semitone like ummm Eflat?
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
i guess its just a bad tab, because standard didn't sound right at all. unfortunately its one of the only tabs...and most of the others seem to involve more strings than i have

EDIT: ok, my friend just informed me that whoever said that tuning every string except E up was correct. It sounds pretty good. The tapping part is kinda iffy but thats just bad tabbing. Problem solved!
Last edited by jeburke at Oct 6, 2008,
If you're worried about tuning strings up, just drop D and capo at the 2nd fret. That idea is no worse than drop E.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
That tab still looks bad, tuning up just sounds wrong. I did find a decent tab last night (not 100 percent correct tho), if I find it I'll pm it to you. It was in standard tuning 4 string.

Damn I wish Inkles McGee were about to confirm whose going down the right path here...