My first guitar needs a break so i'm buying a new, i've reduced my choices to 2 guitars (a Ibanez RG370 and a ESP LTD KH-202) so prior to the buy i would like some help with the pros and cons on each guitar.

To make it easier for you: I have small hands, I play mostly Punk and Metal, I have 11 months playing guitar but im learning fast, my amp is a Laney LX20, I'm very careful with my stuff.

BTW, I'm on a $500 budget

Base You advises on those things

PD: here you can see both guitars
The ESP

The Ibanez
Last edited by Fat-bastard0603 at Oct 5, 2008,
id say ibanez only because of the small hands bit. i know they make a thinner neck near the higher frets, but im not sure if its smaller all the way down. that being said, its made for shred so im sure your hands will fit fine.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
small hands = shortscale

jaguar HH / mustang great for punk, great for small hands.

but if you want just those 2 I say go for the ibanez

1) because I hate 90% of ESP's
2) because EMGs are shit
3) Ibanez are really versatile, and popular for both punk and metal

to quote someone from another site "the only thing I'd drop EMGs into is the trash"

EDIT : didn't see the budget part....
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Oct 5, 2008,
I would say the KH.
They divebomb great, and are very tough. I saw a video of him doing a solo with one onstage, and he just throws it and throws it on the stage until it finally snaps in half.
Kirk Hammett has pretty small hands, so I imagine a guitar designed by him would have smallish frets...
I think you'd be better off getting a Jackson of comparable price. The DXMG has somewhat better pickups as well as a much better trem. It's also made in Japan unlike the Ibanez OR the LTD.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
if your hands are THAT small you could always get the KH junior

otherwise those two guitars are basically the same because im pretty sure they have the same scale, but the KH might have wider fret wires.

IMO if you wanted that kindof guitar i would go with the RG or either the

UC200 LTD or the JH200 jeff hanneman sig. Way nicer finishes, and i think cheaper. THe JH has a kahler trem but ive never played it so i cant compare to other trems.