time to be alone
if i can just find a light
it will be alright

just take it light
take it easy
let that lovin' take you hold
it will be alright
x2
i like all of the verses, a lot of rhyming, which im not a huge fan of in general, but thats just me. it fits well into this song though. what type of playing should i picture behind it?
well it has a fairly reggae feel to it. and i know what you mean by the rhyming im bad for that
I'm not sure you have enough choruses, that would be my big concern.

To be serious though, this song would need to be carried by the music itself to be anything better than decent. No stanzas stuck out above the rest, and the rhymes seemed there to just maintain the rhyme scheme rather than to further the piece. They weren't out of place enough to sound forced, but they didn't add much either.

Like i said, it would all depend on the music backing it up.
Could go either way.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.
I agree with, well, everyone. I think the lyrics sound simple, but that's not a bad thing. Its really hard to crit something like this without the music and general feel. This could sound great in mind, but I'm not sure if you have the same vision as me. Personally I like the simple and light-hearted feel, so bottom line I liked it.
Like everyone else I'm going to tell you that although I liked he piece, it could do with a bit of polishing up, because at the moment it justs seems too comfortable, if that makes sense. The rhyme scheme is there purely to accom odate rhyming, and not to further the story, or content of the piece.

All in all though, good work, I look forward to reading more of your stuff, let me know if this is updated any time.
It's a little simple but not bad at all. I'm sure with some good rhythm it will sound good. You can definitely see the Sublime/Marley influence in the lyrics, so if that's what you're going for you're right on. One line that did sound kind of odd was 'teacher being a tool', you might want to think of some other words. Just my opinion though.
Keep it up =]