anyone ever see these things in a guitar shop, they are around $25-$30

you can see em here

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/danelectro-guitar-effects-pedals-guitar-effects-pedals?N=100001+338510+201110

does anyone know if they are worth the money? i'm in the market for a new pedal to **** around with, but kinda stuck for cash. these are pretty cheap.
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
The Fab OD is the best $15 you will ever spend. The mini ones (named after foods) are pretty cool, but are not practical to stomp on and off. I tried a Cool Cat out once, and though the effect was really nice, if slightly limited with a so-so bypass. I've never personally used the rest, but the Daddy-O seems pretty popular. What exactly are you looking for?

Edit: I meant the Cool Cat CHORUS, not the new pedal series
the new Cool Cat series is worth it...true bypass and metal casing for less than 40 bucks?...i like that...ive tried the vibe and the tremolo and theyre soooo worth it...dont know about the other ones though

EDIT: so so bypass?...dude theyre true bypass...
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
anything really, doesn't matter, just something different.

im happy with all my gear. i have an ibanez ts-9 tube screamer (amazing thing)

just need some extras to mess with
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
what does the cool cat fuzz sound like?
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
Quote by acdcrocks0323

man i like that, especially with the neck pick up. i think i might give it a shot, can't go wrong for the price.
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
I think there great if you are just going to barley use the effect. I wouldn't trust there gain or delay pedals, but stuff like Flange, you can't go wrong!!

The FAB ones suck, awful bypass, but the 25-40$ ones are not to bad. Not boss quality, nor boss options/modulations, but still nice.
The Fish & Chips is a great, inexpensive EQ pedal and would be a good first pedal to get if you don't already have one. I don't have any experience with the new Cool Cat "Series," but the older (18v) Cool Cat Chorus is a nice, inexpensive chorus pedal if you can still find one (no longer manufactured I don't think). Also, the Daddy-O is a very decent OD pedal with a nice range, and (like the older Cool Cat Chorus) built like a tank.

Most of the FAB range are ok at best. Decent for experimenting or just adding something different to your sound for a very small cost, but they're not really built for stage use if you do a lot of jumping or stomping around. The Mini line (named after foods), are a little better made in terms of sound, but still built of hard plastic. Still, a few of the Mini's (Fish & Chips, Tuna Melt, etc.) actually have some decent sounding effects, and at the cost you can get them at, it just makes them all the better.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I got the flanger....I think it's called the hashbrown?

It's nothing special, but I bought it on ebay for like 7$...so it's definitely worth the 7$...but if you're not strapped for cash I'd suggest to look into more expensive chorus / flangers such as the EHX Small Clone, and the BOSS BF-3
+1 to the Fish & Chips
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808