Havent made a thread in a while but i felt that I may need some advice on this one... Serious advice that is.

Im a freshman in college and earlier today i recieved an Email from the technology department at my school... They said that the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) Contacted them in reference to copyright infringement that has occurred on the schools network... The infringement got traced back to ONE song of mine that was shared to another person on the network which essentially broke the policy in the school and the law... Being that it was only one song i am skeptical as to what exactly is going to happen. In the email there was nothing said about punishment other than possible suspension of my internet access at school. To me it seemed like kind of a warning to get rid of my peer to peer program (limewire) and get rid of any illegally downloaded material. I have done so but am still a bit unsure if the RIAA is really going to take action in this. I know for a fact TONS of students at my college and colleges across the country have gotten similair notices im just not sure what the consequences were.

Thanks in Advance.
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
Quote by tremeloud
Havent made a thread in a while but i felt that I may need some advice on this one... Serious advice that is.

Im a freshman in college and earlier today i recieved an Email from the technology department at my school... They said that the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) Contacted them in reference to copyright infringement that has occurred on the schools network... The infringement got traced back to ONE song of mine that was shared to another person on the network which essentially broke the policy in the school and the law... Being that it was only one song i am skeptical as to what exactly is going to happen. In the email there was nothing said about punishment other than possible suspension of my internet access at school. To me it seemed like kind of a warning to get rid of my peer to peer program (limewire) and get rid of any illegally downloaded material. I have done so but am still a bit unsure if the RIAA is really going to take action in this. I know for a fact TONS of students at my college and colleges across the country have gotten similair notices im just not sure what the consequences were.

Thanks in Advance.

Don't mind if I do.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Usually, the first time is a slap on the wrist. Second time might result in loss of internet privileges for a while. Third time, they hand you over? Universities usually do a good job of protecting their students from getting fuxd up.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Most collages nowadays have programs included in the tuition where you can download as much music as you want, yours doesnt have one of these?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Yeah... I havent had any other offenses in this matter and it was only one song... I feel like the RIAA would have "bigger fish to fry" in something like this rather than some petty college student who infringed on one song but i could be wrong.
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
Quote by Skierinanutshel
big pictures can do that?!?!

haha sorry, COLLEGES
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by blackthought
...through his ear?

And every orifice of his body.

Every orifice.
Quote by SkateEmerica987
Most collages nowadays have programs included in the tuition where you can download as much music as you want, yours doesnt have one of these?

ruckus. but the problem with Ruckus is Mac an Linux users cannot use it which is not fair at all they should have it for all OS
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
big pictures can do that?!?!

actually a collage is a collection of pictures...nice try though! haha...

i love when people try to make fun of ohers' mistakes, and screw up themselves lol

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
Quote by Freddedonna
They aren't going to sue you for one song that would give them maybe 25 cents.

The hell they won't.

If they don't get royalties from things they think they deserve royalties from, they're gonna try their damndest to fuck you up.

TS, just buy a record player and buy the stuff you want on vinyl. Keep those RIAA bastards from going apeshit over stupid stuff...
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Sucks for you.

I can download all I want in my off-campus apartment.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by juancsego
actually a collage is a collection of pictures...nice try though! haha...

i love when people try to make fun of ohers' mistakes, and screw up themselves lol

Splitting hairs much? He didn't say pictures of WHAT.
You're*
Sharing songs is illegal. Downloading them is still illegal, but it's nearly impossible to get caught. If you use LimeWire, go to the options and turn "file sharing" off.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...