Page 1 of 2
Now, I don't even know why I am asking the Pit this but whatever, I am bored. A couple nights ago I was hanging out with my friends getting pretty drunk when my friend Kyle starts talking about his Philosophy class he's currently taking for college. We starting going on about why we exist and what happens after we die, stuff like that. I didn't really put my two cents because I was pretty out of it but last night I went for a late night walk and just started to think about it.

In my opinion, the meaning of life is just to live it. The good and the bad. To be able to feel everything from Love, Hate, Pain, etc. means you exist. Lets say you get hurt and you are feeling the pain from the injury. There is no one else to feel it, only you. Thus you exist.

I dont really believe in any specific religion or anything but I do believe that there is constant re-birth and a constant circle of things happening around us. My opinion on death is that it is just another aspect of life that everyone goes through. As for what happens after, I haven't figured out what I believe on that subject.

So, what are your guy's opinions on this topic? Ha, ha, I can't wait to see what some of you guys have to say. Also, I did a search and could not find a thread on this subject... At least not on the first three pages. If it goes into the religion thread than let me know.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
There was a thread, fairly recently, which was rather large.

Good luck.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
I was just going to type something, but then a moth (or some other small insect) flew into my left nostril, and I forgot :|
The meaning of the universe is 42.
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
I really hope we are not eternal. I jsut can't see myself like that. I would get tired of just thinking and being there, even if its doing nothing.
Quote by Rhitard
I was just going to type something, but then a moth (or some other small insect) flew into my left nostril, and I forgot :|

I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
The meaning of life is to pursue happiness while maintaining the species.
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
There is no universal meaning of life - at least if there is, we will never know it until we die.

YOU can give yourself a meaning for life (ex: to help other people), but there is no definite meaning of life.

That's the way I look at it.
to screw so u can have kids, and then ure kids will screw to have kids, and their kids, and so on and so forth until the sun explodes, haha
Quote by Ach-med
The meaning of the universe is 42.

That's totally right too. There's no way we'll ever know, nothing logical will ever prove why we exist. I think that's what the whole 42 thing was really about, having the most logical thing ever made try to find an answer, and for it to come up with a number.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
I changed my mind.

The real meaning of life is to have sex with Rachel Starr....
Quote by blackthought

Am I right or what?

So, so right.

Quote by RU Experienced?

^Will you take a personal check?

Personal checks are the devil.
Quote by Brownie2
There is no universal meaning of life - at least if there is, we will never know it until we die.

YOU can give yourself a meaning for life (ex: to help other people), but there is no definite meaning of life.

That's the way I look at it.

Existentialism in a nutshell.
Quote by K Dizzle
sex drugs and rock n' roll

THIS! You sir, kick so much ass Chuck Norris is jealous
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by The Madcap
There is no more meaning in our life than there is in a computer program.

here we go again..
Am I the only one who was expecting another Monty Python thread?
I'm a little disappointed.
Quote by Muzikh
here we go again..
I can't go into digital physics for at least another week. But all I'll say is that I don't really think a lot of people who believe in a computer-like reality, particularly people who believe in determinism don't understand just exactly how cold and shocking a belief that is.
Arguing with n00bs on UG.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by The Madcap
I can't go into digital physics for at least another week. But all I'll say is that I don't really think a lot of people who believe in a computer-like reality, particularly people who believe in determinism don't understand just exactly how cold and shocking a belief that is.

I agree. I don't know what you just said but I agree.
The meaning of life? Havent you guys heard the word?

Ba-duh-duh Bird! Bird! Bird! Birds the word! Ba-duh-duh Bird! Bird! Bird! Birds the word! Ba-duh-duh Bird! Bird! Bird! Birds the word! Ba-duh-duh Bird! Bird! Bird! Birds the word! Ba-duh-duh Bird! Bird! Bird! Birds the word! Ba-duh-duh Bird! Bird! Bird! Birds the word! Ba-duh-duh Bird! Bird! Bird! Birds the word! Ba-duh-duh Bird! Bird! Bird! Birds the word! Ba-duh-duh Bird! Bird! Bird! Birds the word! Ba-duh-duh Bird! Bird! Bird! Birds the word! Ba-duh-duh Bird! Bird! Bird! Birds the word!
i was actualy just thinking about this. i think the meaning of life is to change things. just think about it you are always changing something. right now you are changing the amount of CO2 in the air, i am changing the position of my foot on the floor. tell me if im crazy but this is the best thing i can come up with that is true about all living things.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Last edited by sporkface at Oct 6, 2008,
Quote by sporkface
i was actualy just thinking about this. i think the meaning of life is to change things. just think about it you are always changing something. right now you are changing the amount of CO2 in the air, i am changing the position of my foot on the floor. tell me if im crazy but this is the best thing i can come up with that is true about all living things.

If that's the case, then life is pretty crappy.
Quote by imdeth
I agree. I don't know what you just said but I agree.

Ditto
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Unless it turns out that there's an afterlife, life has no meaning. Everything you do and all of the results of your being alive will be inconsequential after you die. That being said, you can decide to do whatever the hell you want with your life, but the only thing you'll succeed in doing by fulfilling your own ideologies will be making yourself happy, so we can conclude that no matter how much detail and ideological mumbo jumbo you want to disguise it with, the meaning of life is to make yourself happy. Go ahead, call me a hedonist, i don't care.
*Insert random nihilistic comment.*
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Quote by fudger
man i totally thought this was a monty python thread...

Glad I'm not the only one.

*leaves thread*
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
Life - the quality that makes living animals and plants different from dead organisms and inorganic matter. Its functions include the ability to take in food, adapt to the environment, grow, and reproduce.

My friend also hs a shirt which has like 24 meanings of life written upside-down on it..

R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
Page 1 of 2