Well, I have a good amp, a Randall RG-75 G2 series, and I have a good guitar, Ibanez RG350EX, and now I have a pretty good effects pedal, Boss ME-50. The thing is, I can't get a good tone. I play metal by the way. I've been trying for a while now to get a good tone but it sounds like absolute shit. I have tried putting my amp on clean channel while using distortion on my pedal, but it sounds really blunt and especially when I play powerchords, it almost makes my ears bleed. So then I try putting it on distortion channel, but there is this screaming feedback, even when I put the pedal's threshold knob on full. It also sounds like someone taking a dump when it's on distortion, making a farting kind of noise.

I've been playing around with the settings on both my amp and pedal to make it sound good. I've got new, good leads so that has nothing to do with it. Does anyone have a good suggestion for how I can fix this? I know it's possible, because I know people who have this pedal and similar equipment. Please suggest whatever you want.

Thanks.
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
well try getting a noise suppressor for the feedback that should help
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
well the pedal has the noise suppressor on it, It works when I'm on clean channel but it won't work when the distortion is on. When it is on full, the feedback is still there
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
i found that with my friend's ME-50, with distortion, you play a power chord, and it'll play the note, then some loud and nasty humming noise, then your note again. I don't like it. I'd rather just get individual pedals :X

But i agree, some sort of noise suppressor/gate would be a huge help.
I have to be honest, that amps isn't that good. Neither is that pedal. So don't expect magic. But play around with EQs on both the amp and the pedal, and mess around with drive vs. gain on the pedal. Things like that.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
The pedal just is not high quality. The individual pedals are much better than what they replicate, and some of those pedals suck to begin with, so go figure.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Yes, that may be, but I have heard way better tones with similar equipment and it should be performing much better than it is.
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:

Quote by Ajax413
Could be a dud, or you just need to take time and tweak it.
I swear, 99% of all tone problems could be solved on here if people were just patient and tweaked.
/rant.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.