I always liked Goldtop that he used during the Use Your Illusions tour.

But for this particular guitar, I think it's not really worth it to get a gold top signature... Probably because I already have a Goldtop.

I personally wouldn't get a Slash signature guitar, unless it was really nice and different from other guitars. But this particular Les Paul is basically a regular Standard Goldtop with Alnico II Pro Pickups, the Slash neck, dark mahogany back, and the Slash design on the headstock.

I am a big Slash fan though. So it'd be really nice to have this stuff if it was like free.
Slash doesn't play Gibsons, his guitar is a knock off Les Paul.

Now, I know you guys can find pics of him playing Gibsons, but HIS guitar (used in the studio and on GnR tours) isn't a Gibson.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Now, I know you guys can find pics of him playing Gibsons, but HIS guitar (used in the studio and on GnR tours) isn't a Gibson.

no. his guitar wasn't. he couldn't afford a gibson..

but when he got famous gibson re-made the fake he was using. so it was a gibson. just not like their others.
No, I'm not get getting one.

They look nice tough.
Last edited by ~Moby Dick~ at Oct 6, 2008,
Quote by jthm_guitarist

The only Non-Gibson Gibsons he used were his '59 Les Paul Replicas that he used for recordings and during most of the Appetite Tour. He stopped using them on tours cause they got so beat up and replaced 'em with real Gibsons cause he was able to afford them.
I got a great deal on mine. It is being shipped Wednesday. I am like a kid waiting for Christmas.

I thought it would be a little while until I had enough for a goldtop but the price was great and my wife told me to go for it.
Quote by jthm_guitarist

That was only during the Appetite for Destruction era. Since then it's been some real, high end Gibsons, that's for sure lol.
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Yes sir. It was a knockoff made by some local guy he got when recording Appetite.
He used it for the Appetite tour, and on all albums he recorded so far. In his book it says he only used it for a few Velvet Revolver songs because it was getting beat up.
UG's AC/DC Lover
I entered the contest for the Epi slash model. I want it just so I can have it, I don't really like Alnico II Pros. Meh, maybe I'd change the pickups.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.