I know i should post this in the tubes thread but no one is responding and im not getting any help =\

so i have a b-52 at 1x12 tube amp and this is my first ever tube amp. i heard that you can really "brighten" up the sound if you change the tubes.

my questions are that what tubes do the b-52 tube amps have?

and which tubes would make the sound better? thanks

(=
Lots of people here will recommend Eurotubes. When I get around to re-tubing my amp this is the direction I'm going...

https://ssl.eurotubes.com/cart/index.php?page=view_products&category_id=110&sub_category_id=111

The link is for the AT100, but if you read up on this site, you'll get lots of info for your amp...

Good luck and let us know how it goes
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
Eurotubes is not the place to go, especially if you want to brighten up your tone.
For a bright tone you'll want a Tung-sol 12AX7 in V1 and chinese tubes in the rest of the preamp, maybe a sovtek in the phase inverter, and JJ 6l6s.
you can change the preamp tubes easy enough. But if you don't know how to bias it or arn't familiar with electronics, i dont recommend changing the power tubes yourself
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
im pretty sure i know how to change the tubes. ive tried on my friends amp before. but why do you need to "bias" it?

and i got like 5-6 choices. thats not really helping me choose which tubes to get ahaha xD.
different power tubes have different plate voltages that need to be applied. Having the voltage too low will cause your amp to not produce the sound that it should be. Too high and the tubes can burn out.

A lot of people i've seen say that their amp has fixed biased and does not need to be changed. But this is very wrong. B-52's atleast i know the head, i havn't looked into my at112 yet. But the head has a trim pot that you have to adjust to get the voltage right.

5 seconds on google...
http://www.diyguitarist.com/GuitarAmps/PT-Biasing.htm
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial