Heyy there. I play a '72 Tele Custom ReIssue... stock everything. I don't want to bore you with the details on how this all came about.. but i'm getting a Bigsby B5 installed. But I want to change more at the same time...

How do you feel about Hot Rails in the Bridge, and rewiring to have 1 master tone, and installing a killswitch button in the neck tone pot?

how much extra do you think the Killswitch mod would cost after the Bigsby and Hot Rail Installation?... or is it even worth the time?

I'm just trying to put together my perfect guitar.. but I still want opinions lol... so let me know please
Guitars:
'72 Telecaster Custom
Dean V-coustic
Ibanez ARZ307

Pedals:

Metal Muff
Mastortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Marshall Regenerator
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
MXR Analog Delay

Amp:
Peavey 1x12 Something..
Last edited by FirdousEBareen at Oct 6, 2008,
A killswich is probably the cheapest, fastest, and easiest mod you can do to any guitar. I put one in a guitar yesterday, it's a momentary button, I might open it back up a little later and replace it with a swich, just becuase. Anyway, the swich should cost about, $3.50, if that much, and I think it's a great idea.
I'm noooo good with Wiring and sodering and all that.. would rewiring so that bridge tone is now master, and NECK tone is now a kill be easy still?
Guitars:
'72 Telecaster Custom
Dean V-coustic
Ibanez ARZ307

Pedals:

Metal Muff
Mastortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Marshall Regenerator
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
MXR Analog Delay

Amp:
Peavey 1x12 Something..
Last edited by FirdousEBareen at Oct 6, 2008,
Quote by FirdousEBareen
I'm noooo good with Wiring and sodering and all that.. would rewiring so that bridge tone is now master, and NECK tone is now a kill be easy still?

Rewiring the tone as to work for both pickups might be tricky if you can't solder...um, if you have a pal that can solder I'd suggest you print out the wiring diagram for a single tone pot and the instructions for a killswich and have them do it. Or go to a music shop and see how much it would cost to have them do it. Otherwise, I'd suggest you go practice soldering, it doesn't take that long to get the hang of it, if you have a cheap guitar practice on that, even if you **** it up you can fix it once you've learned how to solder. There are a ton of resources online that can help you get the hang of it, there are printed instructions all over the place, videos on youtube, it's a useful skill to have if you play an electric guitar anyways. Most guitar techs charge too much, and if anything goes wrong or if you see a nifty mod you wanna try out you can do it yourself for a fraction of the cost it would to have someone else do it.
Ewwww a bigsby........Sorry natural reaction to disgusting objects.

Killswich yes easiest thing to do when modding. 1 Tone pot for two pickups a little harder.
Go here find what you want in a pickup configuration print it out give it to a solder able person and have them do it. Remember if they don't have what your looking for a smart person can modify a similar scematic to fit your aplication.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

Altought I would sugest that you really start learning how to solder and maintain a guitar for yourself its cheaper all around to do it yourself.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
I would be inclined to say please don't do this to a 72 Tele
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.