Poll: Is dating outside of consent laws ok?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is dating outside of consent laws ok?
Yes, it's their decision
128 74%
Yes, as long as there is no sex
34 20%
No
11 6%
Voters: 173.
Page 1 of 2
I don't think this should be under the relationship thread but let me know if it should.

Here's my situation:
I'm 14 and I'm dating a 17 year old girl, both of our parents are cool with it. But this leads me to my question. What do you personally think about dating outside of consent laws?

I don't see a problem with my situation, but I know people my age that are dating people that are 20 and I think that's a bit too much of a difference. Not only is it a bit wrong, it's too much of a gap in maturity.

So, what does the pit think?
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
w/e floats your boat
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
your dating a 17 year old? thats pretty cool
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I really don't care who people choose to date, but I would strongly recommend staying in accordance to the half+7 rule. And if violation of consent laws becomes an issue, better be damned careful about it.
There will probably be a signature here at some point.
My friend is 18 and half and his girlfriend just turned 16, both there parents are cool with it but I still see it as illegal, but then again I could care less. I myself am almost 18 and my girlfriend just turned 16 that I see no problem with even though soon ill be a pedo....
ಠ_ಠ
If it was a younger girl and an older guy you'd all be calling him a pedohile. For shame, pit. For shame.
Quote by jmonko
My friend is 18 and half and his girlfriend just turned 16, both there parents are cool with it but I still see it as illegal, but then again I could care less. I myself am almost 18 and my girlfriend just turned 16 that I see no problem with even though soon ill be a pedo....

It's couldn't! If you could care less, it means you care at all, if you couldn't care less, then you don't care at all already. Sorry, but that drives me spare.

Anywho, I think as long as they've hit puberty, so around the age of 12 or 13, then someone should be able to date anyone they want. Although there might be a big maturity gap, it's their choice and nobody forces it upon them. They chances of these relationships working out is pretty damn low.
Quote by Adam...?
I really don't care who people choose to date, but I would strongly recommend staying in accordance to the half+7 rule. And if violation of consent laws becomes an issue, better be damned careful about it.

Yeah I think there's a certain point where it's too much.

Quote by Jackintehbox
If it was a younger girl and an older guy you'd all be calling him a pedohile. For shame, pit. For shame.

I think that's kind of funny how that works. I do hate the fact that most girls just date older guys because they have a car + can get them cigarettes.

Quote by Doppelgänger
17? You ****ing playa.

Haha not really. Player implies that there's more than one chick
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
Quote by rilakam
Haha not really. Player implies that there's more than one chick

He just has really good game then.
i used to be 14 and had a 18 yr old girl.....and now i m 18 and have a 16 yr old girl....i only think its wrong when like...you know you act like a pedo
meaning that you know you have a car or whatever or like an income and you use that to "wow" a girl into being your girlfriend(usually saying shes more mature than her friends and that she "gets" to be your gf).
As long as you (and other people in your situation) can be mature and smart about it then yes. Now if you (or others) are gonna start breeding like rats and shitting out babies then no. We have enough people on this damn planet we dont need more. But i feel this way about any relationship really so idk why i posted it here but since ive already typed this much theres no way im not gonna post this now.
High Five!

I'll be seventeen in less than two weeks, and I could see myself with someone fourteen. That is, if they're a really, really hot fourteen year-old.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by jmonko

Idk about USA, but in Australia the consent age is 16.
And props to whoever corrected the "could care less."
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
Depends on the situation. Usually no but there can be exceptions.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
i think its ok to date no matter what age, but obviously when your younger its no as serious

and if youre both under 16 of course no sex
well thats the age in the UK for it
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Is she your sister or cousin?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
the only thing i dont like about tht is like 18 yo chavs goin out wif 13 - 14 year olds sooo if your not a chav im cool
when i was 17 i dated a 14 year old :/

she was like 6"3 though

not sure if it justifies though
Originally posted by jklsadj;sadjfak
well, green day was at woodstock. so they are classic rock! i told you!
Originally posted by Iluvpowerchords
Pfff Gay people are Fags
I'm impressed and a little weirded out.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Da G Man
when i was 17 i dated a 14 year old :/

she was like 6"3 though

not sure if it justifies though

This reminded me of me in a way.

I dated a 15 year old when I first turned 18. She was taller than me though. Both my parents and her parents were okay with it. We didn't have sex though but I wouldn't have morally held back if the relationship had gotten to that point. The maturity gap bothered me though. At the same time, I know age doesn't equal maturity. For example I know my ex-girlfriend at 15 is less mature than another girl I know who is 14 both in looks and brains.

There is a certain point where an age different is just too much. Like a 14 could date a 17 year old and maybe even an 18 year old but after that I think you are pushing it. TS, I think your situation is okay. I hate to have double standards but I think it is even less of a big deal because the younger person is a male. I think it has to do with the mentality of males versus females if you see where I'm going with this.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
I'd imagine if you two get a long, its okay But then again, because your at different ages, the way you will act and think is may be different from each other.
Quote by Doppelgänger
17? You fucking playa.

+1
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by rilakam
I don't think this should be under the relationship thread but let me know if it should.

Here's my situation:
I'm 14 and I'm dating a 17 year old girl, both of our parents are cool with it. But this leads me to my question. What do you personally think about dating outside of consent laws?

I don't see a problem with my situation, but I know people my age that are dating people that are 20 and I think that's a bit too much of a difference. Not only is it a bit wrong, it's too much of a gap in maturity.

So, what does the pit think?

That people are girls right? If not than those peoples are pimps
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by Aftertime
your dating a 17 year old? thats pretty cool

Well I had a friend in highschool who was dating a college girl. She wasn't that hot. I really have no idea why such a mature girl would go for a freshman.
At school we got told that there's no 'age of consent' for guys, just for girls in the UK..
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
I think its fine; but the whole a 13 year-old dating a 21 year-old is jacked up...but if you're in your 20's and dating someone that much older than you, then go for it..what ever floats your boat..Like someone said earlier, its the gap in the maturity stage that determines a lot, but also just plain gross.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

I dunno, depends how mature they people involved are.. it's usaully frowned upon if the guy is older, yet it's not if the girl is.. unfair i say, it should work both ways, either way.

im 20 and i'd say the limit would be 17 any younger and it'd just seem wrong.. urgh saying that i was on holiday recently and shared the apartment with some people and had a 15 year old chick come onto me like everday.. yea try having some really hot chick walk around in her under wear and try and jump into your bed at night... wasted chance.. i think not, i just saved myself a jail sentece
Quote by el-ECTRO
At school we got told that there's no 'age of consent' for guys, just for girls in the UK..

So if a grown man has sex with a 12 yr old boy, it's legal? Where do you go to school?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
No, there's also an age of consent for gay sex. So guys of any age are legally allowed to have sex with a woman who's over 16
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

Quote by el-ECTRO
No, there's also an age of consent for gay sex. So guys of any age are legally allowed to have sex with a woman who's over 16

Oh... That's still not true.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Well then my school fails
Meh

Quote by el-ECTRO
Well then my school fails
Meh

Seems like it.

I mean, really, have they not heard of statutory rape?

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
depends on the range, if its something like 16 and 19, who gives a ****? but if its like 14 and 20, call the police imo
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
Page 1 of 2