I was looking at the ESP LTD ex400(explorer shape) and was wondering if they suck playing sitting down. I have yet to go to the store to try one, just wanted opinions for playing on an explorer shape.
i played a gibson explorer before in guitar center, and i thought it was perfect to play sitting down.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
One of my guitars is explorer shaped and its easy to play sat down, much easier than my Jackson KV
i got my mates ex-400.. its sorta awkward depending on whether you anchor or not... the biggest thing that annoys me is where the bridge is XD as i used to anchor all the time
yea as far as odd shapes go, the explorers are really nice for playing sitting down.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
SWEET! do you guys think the ESP ex ltd is a good choice for the 600US or is there something better for metal(explorer shaped)?
Yeah, looks like a pretty sweet metal guitar to me. EMG 81/60 are great for metal as long as you have the right amp. The only thing I don't like about it is there is only 22 frets, but it really isnt that big of a deal. I'd say its a steal for 600 USD.
I have the ex-400BD. Explorers are actually better than 'normal' guitars to play sat down imo.

But if you plan to stand up, get a thick strap otherwise the neck dives. :P
explorers are a dream to play sitting down, just put the angle at the bottom on your leg
I played a Peavey Rotor in Sam Ash sitting down, and it was ok. I thought the heel was a little distracting, as I don't usually have that much guitar under my right arm, but I got used to it.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
yea if you don't mind the body underneath your arm its nice.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
I have an Epiphone Explorer, and I have no problems playing it sitting down, it's one of my most comfortable guitars.
Quote by Necrophagist777
yea as far as odd shapes go, the explorers are really nice for playing sitting down.

agreed, it's Vs where the problems start...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i dont see how people play Vs sitting down, ive seen the put the v on your leg technique but i just dont find playing like that comfortable. explorers are awesome for sitting down
Quote by Glimsom
Well, there was that horrible accident with Metallica, where the entire band had their Metal amputated. =P
perfect for every position
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
I own a Dean ZX and a Aria Diamond Series Explorer. They are the most comfertable guitars I have ever played sitting down, better than Strats and even Dreadnaughts in my opinion.

However, your arm rests where the body slants up, which can be a little bit uncomfertable if you have long arms.