Hello, I'm mostly a brutal/melodic death metal player and I'm looking for fellow experienced guitarist like my self to help me out here. First things first, I play lead and rhythm.

I wanna know about the Jackson SL3 Soloist.

Does this axe play well? I know noone who has played it and no stores around here have one in stock. Ive read reviews, good and bad, so i thought id try this UG forum.

If your an experienced metal player please respond to this...I'd like to know the ups and downs of this guitar, is the action set-up for fast/smooth play, Overall playability etc.

Heres the link of this model...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...WRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0

Thanks!
Dont buy it unless you play it first. Go to guitar center and try some stuff out, im pretty sure you can get a way better deal at the shop then you would online if you just haggle your way down.
Yeah, I reccomend playing it, although it looks like a fairly high end Jackson, and Jacksons are really bloody good guitars. Sound and play excellent.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
The guitar i just sold was the Jackson Kelly KE3 model, personally i think it played like crap.

And, I've already checked Guitar-Center and Music-Go-Round. Neither had the Jackson Soloist SL3 but the only way for me to get a chance to play it at Guitar-Center is to put a down payment on it to order it, which i think is kinda stupid being that i might not enjoy the guitar.