Hello, I'm mostly a brutal/melodic death metal player and I'm looking for fellow experienced guitarist like my self to help me out here. First things first, I play lead and rhythm.

I wanna know about the Jackson SL3 Soloist.

Does this axe play well? I know noone who has played it and no stores around here have one in stock. Ive read reviews, good and bad, so i thought id try this UG forum.

If your an experienced metal player please respond to this...I'd like to know the ups and downs of this guitar, is the action set-up for fast/smooth play, Overall playability etc.

Heres the link of this model...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=512237

Thanks!
Last edited by Dthmetaldude at Oct 6, 2008,
it's an average guitar. it's got the compound radius neckthru like an american soloist, but the bridge is licensed not original floyd and the fretwork isn't quite up to par with american soloists, so the action isn't quite as low but otherwise it's a very solid guitar for the price. i'd say on par with a midrange ibanez rg, schecter or esp
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.